Hik DS-2CD2032-I Image problems

devinf

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello first time poster although I have been reading awhile. I am having image quality problems with one of my DS-2CD2032-I. I went back through recorded video and found that the problem started on Dec 1st. The image is real bit-mapped even though no settings were changed. I am using Blue iris to record but I often log directly into the camera from ivms 4500 android or iphone app. The image is degraded no matter what software I use to view the camera, even through my desktop logged into the camera live view. I messed around with the image settings and I can't find anything that clears it. I have it set at 1920x1080 30fps but the frame rate doesn't usually go that high. I have no idea what could have cause this. The other 2 cameras are fine and nothing seems to have changed on those.

Here is snap shot.
poor quality pic.jpg

Thanks,
Devin

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you post a pic prior to Dec 1st so we have something to compare it to? Did any exterior lighting change between then and now?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That picture looks like there is no IR from the camera.
Is the wall on the left usually brightly lit?
Check the settings under Advanced Configuration | System | Service
and Image | Display settings | Day / Night switch
and take a look at the camera when it's dark to see if the dull red glow of the IR LEDs is still there.

devinf

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm sorry I should have mentioned the image quality is also bad during the daytime, so I think that would rule out infrared being the cause? This is a daytime picture of the poor quality as well, I'll have to figure out how to get a snapshot before Dec 1st.

Exterior lights haven't changed, the street light has always been there.

daytime poor quality image.jpg

Thanks,
Devin

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reset that particular camera to the factory defaults and start over Devin.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It almost looks like an image from the substream.

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@devinf
You could capture a still from a recording prior to Dec 1st for us to see. Play a clip from that time in Blue Iris, right click on it while playing and "Snapshot".

Also, you mentioned you checked over the Image settings, but you didn't say you checked the Video menu.
Be sure you've compared the options here with the ones from another cam that's working fine. Looks like low bitrate to me. I've seen the remote management software change things before on my sub-stream quality when it wasn' t happy with the stream speed. Wasn't impressed it did that silently. Haven't seen it do it on the main stream.. but who knows.

devinf

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of response on my part, I tried resetting the camera and it locked up and and I couldn't regain a connection with it. So I swapped it out for a camera just like it I had planned to put somewhere else. The new camera has a good image and seems to be working fine. So I took the old camera back to my place and started tinkering with it tonight. Plugged it in gave it a new IP through sadp and it fired right up and is working through the browser interface just like it should and the image quality is back to where it should be. The reset I had done before didn't take effect, the settings had not changed. I don't really know what is happening with this cam, starting to think it might be a wiring problem but that doesn't explain why the new cam is working fine.

Thanks,
Devin
daytime good picture quality.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried resetting the camera and it locked up and and I couldn't regain a connection with it.
Could it be because it would have gone back to the default IP address of 192.0.0.64 ? So would need SADP to reset the address.

devinf

n3wb
Reaction score
Well it wouldn't come up in SADP after I reset it, that is why I thought it had gone bad. Then I brought it back to my house to see about returning it and I thought I would try it out one more time and it worked, so far its still working. The reason I had to go into SADP and change the ip this time is because the new camera was running on the same IP as this one when I plugged it back in.

The cable it was hooked up to before does go near a breaker box but nothing has changed in the breaker box and it worked for close to a year without issue.

night time good picture.jpg