HIK DS-2DE5225W-AE and autotracking

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I picked up one of these cheaply on ebay $250.00 for experimentation purposes . The picture seems pretty good and night vision is decent enough for my purposes. It was a US seller and it was English

There seems to be various opinions about whether or not it can do smarttracking.

Well upon expermenting, it does seem to capture and track using intrusion detection but then at the end of the clip, it "seizes" and just pans back and forth. I followed the non-Hik vision instructions ( google and "how not to do auto-tracking". I wonder if anyone has suggestions about this? I will continue to try different settings. It would be nice to have the smart tracking working.

Also, I think the "E" denotation means Europe and could not find any new firmware

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I picked up one of these cheaply on ebay $250.00 for experimentation purposes . The picture seems pretty good and night vision is decent enough for my purposes. It was a US seller and it was English

There seems to be various opinions about whether or not it can do smarttracking.

Well upon expermenting, it does seem to capture and track using intrusion detection but then at the end of the clip, it "seizes" and just pans back and forth. I followed the non-Hik vision instructions ( google and "how not to do auto-tracking". I wonder if anyone has suggestions about this? I will continue to try different settings. It would be nice to have the smart tracking working.

Also, I think the "E" denotation means Europe and could not find any new firmware

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance
As an update, the autotracking works fine I updated the firmware for
HIK DS-2DE5225W-AE ( not T5). so for 250 bucks, it is a pretty decent autotracking solution.