Hik DS-7100 NVR and DS-2CD2442FWD-IW camera are not compatible?

rickroll

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I attached snapshot, what am I doing wrong? In terms of subnets everything is fine there. NVR is on subnet 192.168.2.0 with ip of 192.168.2.62. The camera doesn't activate in anyway possible, I tried to look for newer firmware for this particular NVR but I don't even know where to find it. HIK's website has nothing besides .pdf manual files and misc. stuff.HIK.PNG

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What stream type have you configured on the camera web GUI?
If it's not h.264, try using that and see if it accepts it.

*edit*
Depending on the exact model variant - there may be several firmware choices, here : DOWNLOAD PORTAL

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DS-7100 supports up to 2MP cameras, and 2CD2442 is 4MP.

You need to activate it manually, and configure the stream type to 1920x1080. Also, make sure it is H264, and not H264+. Then you can add it manually on the NVR.

rickroll

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Lowering resoltu
DS-7100 supports up to 2MP cameras, and 2CD2442 is 4MP.

You need to activate it manually, and configure the stream type to 1920x1080. Also, make sure it is H264, and not H264+. Then you can add it manually on the NVR.
Lowering resolution worked, and H264+ was already off. However, if i connect any display to NVR with VGA there's no live view, live view only works if i remote into NVR via IP but that I don't really care. What other problem is that looks like 1280*720P is the lowest quality I can set on this camera. My management wants to keep records 24/7 of 2 weeks. 30mins of recording takes 1gb of space which 672 for 2 weeks. This forces me to get 1TB HDDs instead of 500GB but that is ok too except if I need to pull a long video that is going to take sometime. Is there a way to lower video quality, so I can use less space.

Also i wasn't able to figure out how to download a recorded video. It downloads but doesn't save anywhere on my computer. I opened NVR in Internet Explorer which is what it supports only since 2017. I tried admin and non admin mode in IE and nothing. Changed the location where video suppose to save and still nothing.
Any idea how to fix this issue with downloading video files?
Thanks!
recording HIK.PNG config.PNG

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Also i wasn't able to figure out how to download a recorded video. It downloads but doesn't save anywhere on my computer. I opened NVR in Internet Explorer which is what it supports only since 2017. I tried admin and non admin mode in IE and nothing. Changed the location where video suppose to save and still nothing.
Any idea how to fix this issue with downloading video files?
It is downloading, but to a sandboxed, virtualised temporary location that's also hidden by default as Windows doesn't trust IE enough to write files to the location you specified.
Try:
Adding the NVR IP address to IE's 'Trusted Sites'.
As an experiment, 'Run as Administrator', for IE.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
However, if i connect any display to NVR with VGA there's no live view, live view only works if i remote into NVR via IP but that I don't really care.
You probably have to lower the SUB-stream resolution to the lowest available as well on the camera. on your live view, you can see the camera when its just that camera on a full screen right? but can't see it if you split into a 3x3 layout? If so, its your sub-stream .

rickroll

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was able to download recordings as was suggested, i even was able to do it in Firefox.
As i understand HIK ditched DDNS service and replaced it with EZVZ but when i try to turn the service on (I already registered on the hik-connect) it wont turn online, do I need to put a server address here and if so, which one?

Attachments