Hik (LTS) 8ch NVR only sending email when VMS running.

nikuk

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been digging into the email problem for sometime now. I originally thought it was Gmail related but I've just discovered & tested an odd success. When NVMS7000 (LTS version of remote client) or iVMS4200 is open & running on my desktop they will send email alerts (for line crossing & motion detection, but without image attachment). However if you "Test" email in either of these programs you will get a FAILURE from one menu and a SUCCESS from another menu. Now, if I go to web portal - which is what I'd been using for the last 5 months - emails fail all over the place regardless of how they are tested.
Also of note - I have to setup the line crossing in web portal for it to work. I cannot set it up in VMS. I CAN setup motion detection, but it doesn't save.

I ran a few tests on this theory and sure enough, I got a ton of emails while either program was up. I've just run a final test where neither VMS was running on the desktop at all, and the web portal was closed & I broke the line on 2 different cameras. I had my phone on me and didn't receive any notification. By the time I got back to the computer and logged back in it was roughly 5 minutes later and still no emails. However once I logged into NVMS7000 I got a series of 4 emails stating line break. The emails were time stamped for 1:11 & 1:12 AM CST, and the text of the alert in the emails said the same but that was the time that I sat down and logged in. I looked at the footage - I was out there @ 1:06 & the system time is in sync with the desktop as well as the Gmail time.

Now - I'm still unable to get email to work with Gmail (my main account nor a new NVR specific account with all the bandaids), nor Outlook. Initially I couldn't get it to work through SendGrid either (using WebPortal), but SendGrid non secure is where we are at now (STILL not working through web portal).

Also - I'm still unsure as to why but the emails are showing up dated 13 hours behind the system time in Gmail. This may be a function of SendGrid or Gmail or the local programs. Low on the priority list at the moment.

Now - I went out and broke the back line again, with the programs all closed. No emails or notifications. After I post this I'll login into VMS and see what happens.

Please tell me someone has some constructive thoughts on this... the system has been absolutely great otherwise.

LTN8708-P8 firmware V3.3.2 build 151208 web version V4.0.51 build 151208
Camera shwon is a Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I firmware V5.3.8 build 151224 web version V4.0.1 build 150915, but I also tested on a LTS branded dome at the same time.
I promise that I triple (and then-some) checked all the network information across interfaces.

nikuk

n3wb
Reaction score
I logged into web portal - no alarms shown in the playback ticker tape @ the bottom. No emails.
Logged into iVMS4200 - no alarms showing in the playback ribbon, and no emails.
Logged into LVMS7000 - I think I found it. Once I went into the remote configuration to confirm the settings on camera 5 - I check marked enable line crossing detection (again, even though it was still selected in web portal), and then Smart Search and at that moment I got 8 fresh emails. The emails all say 2:07 Am even though the cam footage is stamped 1:34 AM.

So I guess, for what its worth, this system CAN BE made to work for emails with enough work arounds. But I'm really going to start looking at firmware options.

:shrug:

Reaction score
The emails sending through NVMS7000 work because its using your computer to send the emails. The cameras see the VCA alert and notify the NVR which NVMS7000 sees, which in turn sends out the email. The NVR / Cameras are not responsible for it. That system configuration are settings only local to NVMS7000. Once you close it down, thats why emails wont work. You can open the remote configuration in NVMS7000 and thats like changing settings in the web portal or direct from the NVR. I've had issues with setting changes sticking when multiple accesses are open. IE. logged into an individual camera while also logged into the NVR web portal open, or have NVMS7000 running while logged into a web portal.

See if you can get access to a Comcast email, that was working for a while for me, lost access to a comcast account tho.