Hik nvr remote client

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not understanding the big picture of things and the manual doesn't help a bit. When using the PC client software (CMS or NVMS7000 for LTS), and showing the live view, is the PC client getting the video stream from the NVR, or is it getting it straight from the cameras? I've got problems showing the live view but think I should understand how this works before asking specific questions.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, that depends how you configure it... You can get the live view from the NVR, from the camera, or from both.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for that comment. It encouraged me to focus on the configuration. I had previously tried to clean out the configuration and start over, but every time I tried to delete the NVR device, the client crashed. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the client and can now see my cameras on the live view via the NVR. AT least, I think that's how it's working. The client I'm afraid is buggy. Besides the crash I mentioned, there's a setting for the configuration file location that's totally bogus. And when uninstalling, how's this for a clear statement: Warning: Unrestarting PC will case the Setup can't be uninstalling after installed! Translation???