Hik NVR selection

Reaction score
I am selecting my NVR and had a few questions, I've read around and just want to make sure i make the right selection.

Currently looking at either of these 2:
[h=1]DS-7608NI-I2/8P[/h][h=1]DS-7608NI-E2/8P[/h]
When i was looking around i couldn't confirm if the E2 will work with H.265 camera's? but the NI-I2 will and may be a little more future-proof? I could be wrong. Any advise is appreciated

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I2 that's a no brainer

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I2 if you are using H.265 cameras now.

E2 if you are using H.264 cameras now.

Future-proofing this stuff is a fool's endeavour. Hikvision's firmware is shocking for that. Better to save money and put it aside for future proofing.

As you are probably using 4MP H.264 cameras from Hikvision then DS-7616NI-E2/8P is a better recommendation, you get the higher bandwidth etc for little extra cost.

Yes it does matter if you use Chinese cameras, you need to read up more about the pros and cons but if you don't know then you need to stick with English everything.

Reaction score
Well i have no cameras and no NVR yet so just putting together the system.

I've read about the china version cameras, from what i understand no firmware updates unless given by the supplier if that ever happens and also they will be stuck at 50hz. The 50hz things worries be being that i have all LED lighting outside and worry about video flickering.

For piece of mind i may just get all English everything.