HIK NVR with HIK Connect. Can I limit remote access by mac address?

Reaction score
I thought this was standard feature but can't find it. Have a client that wants to make sure only certain specific mobile devices have access to the NVR. An older NVR user manual pdf shows a mac address option in a user setup on the NVR, but not seeing it on this NVR I have. Also the HIK Connect just allows an invite to be sent to a mobile number or email. Wanting to set up some tablets that don't have a mobile number.

hikwpg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, but only through iVMS-4200 or web config under create user account. Hik-Connect can’t do it. Can use a Mac or IP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, but only through iVMS-4200 or web config under create user account. Hik-Connect can’t do it. Can use a Mac or IP.

thought this was standard feature but can't find it. Have a client that wants to make sure only certain specific mobile devices have access to the NVR. An older NVR user manual pdf shows a mac address option in a user setup on the NVR, but not seeing it on this NVR I have. Also the HIK Connect just allows an invite to be sent to a mobile number or email. Wanting to set up some tablets that don't have a mobile number.

hikwpg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There options that are not available through the NVR menu.
Virtual Host for example, is only available through the web GUI , not the NVR GUI.

Just create the user account using the web GUI and problem is solved.

Reaction score
hikadduser.PNG
There options that are not available through the NVR menu.
Virtual Host for example, is only available through the web GUI , not the NVR GUI.

Just create the user account using the web GUI and problem is solved.

this is a screen shot from the "add user" through the web GUI. this is a 9664 NI with latest firmware. No mac address option that I can find.

hikwpg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
View attachment 31524
this is a screen shot from the "add user" through the web GUI. this is a 9664 NI with latest firmware. No mac address option that I can find.
That’s a tough one. You are logged in as admin, right?
Are you in North America?

Did you try using iVMS-4200/remote config?

This is from a DS-9632

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
That’s a tough one. You are logged in as admin, right?
Are you in North America?

Did you try using iVMS-4200/remote config?

This is from a DS-9632

Good timing. I was off site when I remoted in and posted that web GUI screenshot. This afternoon I went to the site and went directly to the console and found the exact thing you posted above. I took a shot of it and intended to post it when I saw your reply. Many thanks, all good now.

mark: SOLVED

hikwpg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good to hear!