Hik-online DDNS issues

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone else having any issues?

I have 2 at the moment.

1) My existing account seems to have vanished
2) When I setup a new one it says that device does not exist? Well it did two days ago on hik-online silly Hikvision.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK account back but "Connect to server failed" when on NVR.

Also tried to register one of the cameras which hasn't been registered and get device does not exist. I guess hik-online is broken for now.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ah, NVR back working all of a sudden (it was never de-registed from the account and has re-appeared) but can't register new camera, although not bothered about that but in case anyone else is having an issue.

micky

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi mate,
im new on here but ive had similar issue with HiDDNS,
I recently bought a hikvision dome camera and activated it ok, got it working with liveview then I registered it with HiDDNS, and I can click the link when logged into HiDDNS which takes you to the online liveview (all works) but when I try to
set it up on IVMS it says its not registered, but clearly it is?
mick

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah @micky, still having issues today. Hik-Online normally is quite reliable but after the last update....

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawko777

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes
After finally getting access to my HIK NVR after settings changed by itself, I a trying to setup HIDDNS in the NVR but keeps saying CONNECTION FAILED and wont save. WTF
I went online to www.hik-online.com and it wont let me login either.
Can anyone help
Is something wrong with hikonline

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes
After finally getting access to my HIK NVR after settings changed by itself, I a trying to setup HIDDNS in the NVR but keeps saying CONNECTION FAILED and wont save. WTF
I went online to www.hik-online.com and it wont let me login either.
Can anyone help
Is something wrong with hikonline
All working today. Is your NVR connected to the Internet?

micky

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys, after much soul searching I finally got HiDDNS working for my single stand alone camera. I wrongly thought i knew what I was doing, initially. I followed everything to the letter in my mind but still messed up.
After much consideration and common sense thinking I revisited everything ad its since worked flawlessly. So I can testify to it working after the correct set up. I would assume any other DDNS server will not work just as HiDDNS
if you don't do the setup correctly.
micky

wrs

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys, after much soul searching I finally got HiDDNS working for my single stand alone camera. I wrongly thought i knew what I was doing, initially. I followed everything to the letter in my mind but still messed up.
After much consideration and common sense thinking I revisited everything ad its since worked flawlessly. So I can testify to it working after the correct set up. I would assume any other DDNS server will not work just as HiDDNS
if you don't do the setup correctly.
micky
Hi micky,

Good that you got it worked. I am still struggling to add my DS-2CD2042WD-I cameras on www.hik-online.com with the error message "device does not exist" and wonder what steps have you followed to make it work for you? Can you please mention your steps? Thanks, WrS

micky

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
for me typing on here is a pita, for some reason it misses letters and spaces, I can type fairly quick but it all goes belly up on here.
in configuration>network>basic settings> DDNS......top to bottom I enabled DDNS.......I chose HiDDNS....locality Europe.....country UK......server address eudev.hik-online.com.....domain is the name you assign the cam or I assume nvr and It must be unique and end with "ddns"..like "mickyddns" my misake was I had port forwarded my android in the router settings (port 80 and 8008) instead of the camera. once I fixed that It was all ok and worked.
I was getting same error as you before that
mcky

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
for me typing on here is a pita, for some reason it misses letters and spaces,
IE11 / Win7 presumably.
You need to enable Compatibility Mode for the site.
Messes up image attachment viewing a bit but text works OK.

micky

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for that ! win 7 yes not sure if I was using IE or chrome, I use both!
on the matter of HiDDNS ive just restored the camera to defaults and gone through the setup once again done everything the same as before except used a different IP address for the cam (different the the one I know worked re: HiDDNS previously) an guess what, HiDDNS would work using a browser but IVMS would not register with HiDDNS ! so I changed IP again and hey presto ! so if your still getting a communication error try a diff IP.
micky