Hik Vision bullet cam not detected on network

scmx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've installed a HIKvision DS-2CD2032F-I and it's been working great for about 2 years, until it recently dropped off my network and it can no longer be detected on my network or with SADP. Is this dead camera at this point or what are my options to see if I can recover or repair from this?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this dead camera at this point or what are my options to see if I can recover or repair from this?
If externally mounted and powered over PoE, a common failure mechanism is moisture ingression at the RJ45 cable joint, leading to corrosion and destruction of the connector contacts.
You could dismount the camera and check out the connector under a magnifying glass looking for discolouration and more obvious signs of damage.
Powering using a 12v supply is also worth trying.

scmx

n3wb
Reaction score
If externally mounted and powered over PoE, a common failure mechanism is moisture ingression at the RJ45 cable joint, leading to corrosion and destruction of the connector contacts.
You could dismount the camera and check out the connector under a magnifying glass looking for discolouration and more obvious signs of damage.
Powering using a 12v supply is also worth trying.
Thanks for the tip! The camera itself was mounted under the eave of my roof and the RJ45 connector was indoors in my attic and sealed using the provided weatherproof sleeve/pigtail. I pulled the camera and checked for any corrosion and there isn't any. I also tested the line by connecting another camera to the cable that was linked to the faulty camera and this other camera is working fine.

I just connected the faulty camera to my computer and I see that the night vision is working but still no luck detecting it using SADP. Any other ideas?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I pulled the camera and checked for any corrosion and there isn't any.
OK, so that lets out that possibility.
I also tested the line by connecting another camera to the cable that was linked to the faulty camera and this other camera is working fine.
And another one.

I just connected the faulty camera to my computer and I see that the night vision is working but still no luck detecting it using SADP. Any other ideas?
Which kinduv leaves the likelihood that the camera has failed.
Uncommon with Hikvision, but it happens.

As a total long shot - in case maybe the flash has faded and corrupted the data, maybe try the Hikvision tftp updater and see it there is any sign of activity :

If you know what version of firmware is on the camera, you should find it here :

scmx

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, so that lets out that possibility.

And another one.

Which kinduv leaves the likelihood that the camera has failed.
Uncommon with Hikvision, but it happens.

As a total long shot - in case maybe the flash has faded and corrupted the data, maybe try the Hikvision tftp updater and see it there is any sign of activity :

If you know what version of firmware is on the camera, you should find it here :
Thanks for the additional direction. I've been looking for working links for different firmware versions but I'm not able to locate any that are still active. Is there an active firmare repository somewhere?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Check the link to the forum downloads area the I posted above - lots of firmware cities there.
edit cities? versions.

Last edited:

scmx

n3wb
Reaction score
Check the link to the forum downloads area the I posted above - lots of firmware cities there.
edit cities? versions.
Just closing the loop here on this and thanks for the assistance! I ended up trying the brickfix and was able to successfully see the camera in SADP. After a few minutes, I power cycled the device and was no longer able to see it in SADP or connect to it. I performed the brick fix again, and sadly I'm unable to see it in SADP anymore. :embarrassed:

At this point it looks like it's just a defective camera unless there's any other suggestions.

scmx

n3wb
Reaction score
When SADP showed the camera, what version of firmware did it report?

So the tftp updater applied the brickfixV2 firmware, the file downloaded?
I don't recall which version of the firmware it was showing. But I applied the most recent one from: R0 series DS-2CD2x32x-Ixx IP camera firmware

As for the tftp updater, the file did download from my ipc without issue and I completed all the brickfixV2 steps without issue. Just can't see the camera anymore in SADP.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I completed all the brickfixV2 steps without issue. Just can't see the camera anymore in SADP.
What was the version of firmware that was applied in Stage 3?
The newest that works for Stage 3 is 5.4.5
If 5.4.41 was used, the camera will no longer operate correctly, there are some internal structure changes in that version which are not compatible with it following the brickfixV2 recovery version.
If so - try the tftp updater with the 5.4.5 version.
Or re-do the process using the 5.4.5 version for Stage 3.