HIK Vision door bell (camera + names list LCD, 4 apartment screens in WiFi, Hik Connect on mobiles) – system implementation

bgdt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I built a door bell system as in the picture bellow. The main constraint was coming from the fact that bringing wires to the 4 apartments was impossible.

The system globally works, but I face several issues which are very annoying for a long term use.

All peripherals are updated with latest FWs available.

1696873227584.png

IP setup in WiFi
  • Initially I pulled IP addresses for 6320 model screens from DHCP serve of my Internet router; then, I wanted to force the IP addresses (for organizing my network) - it worked, but unfortunately screen reboot erases the manual config and takes back the initial address obtained from DHCP server.
  • Doing the same change as above on the screen 9510 (android based) it works, the address set manually is kept even after reboot

Screens connection to doorbell camera
  • After screens boot, they connect to WiFi after a reasonable period of time (15-20 seconds), but the link with the door bell camera is not occurring! Even waiting for minutes, there is still no connection established! Impossible to use the system! I found an workaround… with no direct link: if I configure and save an IP address of screen’s non connected LAN interface in IVMS-4200, the connection between the screen and the doorbell occurs right away and all works fine after!

Names list lost!
  • It happened already 2 times in 1 month!… the names list simply disappeared from the screen connected to the doorbell! The reboot didn’t fix the issue, I had to resend the list in the device using IVMS-4200!

Hik Connect on mobile phones
  • I also observe that Hik Connect is not always called when ringing the apartments… even if the mobiles (both, Android and iOS) are with good connection, good 4G or even in WiFi. It also happens that the call on mobile arrives late, more than 20 seconds after doorbell call start.

Hoping having explained good enough the behaviors, happy to have your opinion or maybe your guidance if you encountered similar situations and found fixes.

Cheers!

bgdt

n3wb
Reaction score
I redesigned the network and it looks like the issue I named "Screens connection to doorbell camera" is not occuring anymore...
Hoping you will be able to give your thoughts on the other points...

1697445359269.png

bgdt

n3wb
Reaction score
i would add a few more wifi bridges for stability :lmao:
:) I agree with your remark… I have physical constraints for adding wires or assuring coverage with one single AP, it’s about a 4 floors building, thick walls in concrete…

HIK-Vision distributor in France do not ban such a solution, they propose a tplink mesh solution for WiFi connectivity…