Hik vision ds-2cd2785fwd -izs

Reaction score
hi every one
I have just purchased the hikvision ds-2cd2785 fwd -izs and this is my first time doing the cameras
I am a electrician and fitting a few cameras in my own home
First things first
I have a run a cat 5 e cable from a nvr to camera and am hoping to connected a external mic that the wholsalers supplied separately what is the best way of getting power to mic as connection are completely different
I am taking it that all I have to do is connect the cat 5e to camera from nvr to run camera and not worry about anything else
but for the mic
It has audio in and audio out connection on mic are not the same
It would be nice to have a built in mic

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Run a good 12 volt power supply 5 amp minimum trust me I have had problems with low amp power supplies
to your mic you will need a mini jack converter to plug into the camera
Then in the settings you will need to enable record audio on the main stream and sub stream in the camera web GUI
Use a mic 7 those are amazing and get a little wind sock for them

Reaction score
So I should run a separated power supply for the mic and not take it off the camera

And the mini jack to camera
I tried searching for mic 7 no success
Would you have any links so I know I’m getting the right one .
Thanks for replying so quick
Am I able to get noified by email when some one post an answer for my question

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
@nayr did a review on them here on ipcamtalk
after that i always buy this brand of mic there a powered mic
yes run a separate power supply i always do when you have a camera that has any zoom pan or tilt
it just eliminates any power supply that your poe switch might not be capable of supplying when zooming or panning or tilting
the mini jack you can get from a ebay or electronics supplier on ebay the mic will come up under M7WP-MIC microseven

Reaction score
Lovely I will check it out I’m going to fit them over the next few days
Thanks again

Chris BC

n3wb
Reaction score
The DS-2CD2785FWD-IZS is fixed, so it won't need the extra power for the PT. It does have zoom, of course. You can use a passive PoE splitter like this to avoid a separate 12V run:

https://www.amazon.com/Injector-Splitter-5-5x2-1mm-Connector-Surveillance/dp/B07DKZQBSQ/ref=pd_day0_hl_147_2/133-7038748-6810935?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07DKZQBSQ&pd_rd_r=4381454d-3f8b-11e9-896d-83c6d60ef7eb&pd_rd_w=RBZNC&pd_rd_wg=CSc6P&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=KWDGQZ3V0332A85CCC8D&psc=1&refRID=KWDGQZ3V0332A85CCC8D

Meanwhile these small powered mics have some excellent pickup range and can be mounted very discreetly with just the tip exposed:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XCZP1VI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Note that while the 3.5 mm audio input and output on the camera are mono, the receptacles Hikvision used on the connection panel circuit board are stereo. And in a genius move they soldered the left and right stereo signal contacts inside the receptacles together. This means that if you try to use a mono 3.5 mm plug to input your mic, your mic signal is shorted to ground and you get no sound. You must use a stereo 3.5 mm plug, and it doesn't matter which signal you feed in. I suggest yet one more thing on Amazon to complete your audio connection, and RCA stereo to 3.5 mm plug. It doesn't matter which RCA you connect to the mic's RCA:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D5H8JW0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.