HIK VISION DS-7316HQHI-K4 ADMIN BLOCKED

candyflipp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys and thanks for accepting me on this forum.
I've recently acuired this camera in a job lot of electronics and I would like to make use of it as it has 8tb storage and 16 camera channels. However this seems to be locked with a patern ( which I obviously don't know ) and a password. If I try to go on the password recovery section on the device the only two options I have is 1) Verify by GUID or 2) Verify by Security Question. I tried the SADC and HikVision Password reset 1.1.0.1 tool but no luck what so ever. There are only two drop offs when entering a password and that's either admin or user. Just to mention the firmware version as confirmed in SADC is : V3.5.35 build 180316. I'm really stuck now. I've had a read through the pages but there's huge amounts of information to digest in one go. Can someone help or at least direct me for help ?

Many thanks to you all

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
SADP with generate request xml no luck or? What oficcials tech support says?
Password reset util only for some ipc firmware date range.
If now success, find null-modem cable & conect to rs-232 port.
Using tftp & with "some" command can reset or recover firmware

candyflipp

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm a bit reluctant about contacting the official tech support even though this wouldn't be a bad idea, I just have a intuitive feeling that it won't make a big difference.
I'd better try the rs232 option if anyone would be kind enough to guide on how to reset the firmware. I basicly need this device to work as new ( no registered emails, usernames, passwords, patterns etc)

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's better, official tech support must work out your bread and not relax!
Don't be shy!
Find cable, plug to your PC under windows, start PuTTY, hyperterminal or other console soft & tftpd32 or 64 soft server.
Power on your DVR, stop bootlog using ctrl+u key combination, press key b & then .... will see ;)
I see you device 1st time ;)