HIK Vision NVR

Mr. Wrong

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello reader,
After remodeling I thought I should add a camera system to the house and upgrade my old system at the shop. Contacted an old buddy of mine who is working as an installer to set up the two systems. An 8 camera and a 16 camera system.
After about 6 or so months, out of nowhere the cameras are stopping to operate. Contacted the so called buddy a few times , stopped by and spent hours and finally he dispread. Contacted HIK vision a few times, upgraded the firmware of the NVR, they ran me through bunch of stuff yet did not get anywhere. I have to discount the camera since it starts too beep when it goes off , but after about a month I connected one of the camera and started to work.
I'm reading about changing IP address of the PC so that I can connect to the cameras and so forth but unfortunately I'm not that expert of all that stuff.
One thing I can tell you is that the cameras went bad after a power outage or if I had to restart the system, of course not all at the same time. Sometime I log in and see that camera that was not working for month is now working.
Any ideas?
The systems are:
Model: DS-7616NI-E2 / 16P and DS-7616NI-E2 / 8P
Firmware: V3.4.92 build 170518
And the Dome cameras are: DS-2CD2335-I Ver. V5.3.3 build 150803

Thank you for your time reading my post.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Possibly they were hacked.
Do you have access to the camera feeds via the internet?
If so, he may have forwarded ports in your router, which is a security risk.
Unplug from power everything that is connected to your network.
Unplug the network cable from your NVR that goes to your router.
Wait 10 minutes.
Plug power backin to everything.
Leave the network cable for now disconnected from the router.
Do the cams work now?

Mr. Wrong

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.
Yes he set it up the way that I can see the camera's from my computer as well as IPhone Ap, I remember that he had a hard time with my router so he opened 4 ports and lots of back and forth to make it happen.
Anyhow, let me see if I can do what you are telling me to do, fist I have to connect a monitor that has a HDMI connection since the NVR only woks wit that style of monitor. Although you can go into the setting and say that you are hooking up a VGA cable but I never had a luck with it.
Should I remove all the network settings inside the NVR as well? As if it wans never meant to be accessed from outside?
FYI: The NVR home set up was first in the cabinet that I have for my Cable TV receiver, DVD, sound system, ... , after a while we noticed that the NVR's fan sounds like an old fridge when everything is off at night, so I asked him to move it and the only place (because of the cable in restriction) he could move was above the celling / under the roof of the house. So I have to take a monitor in the attic sort of the area ( which there is no attic in the house) and do the changes. I hope that I'm understanding you correctly.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
An attic is a terrible place for the NVR or any electronics.

There is no need for a monitor at this point.

Simply unplug the power from the wall outlet on everything on the network. Wait 10 minutes and plug them back in.