HikCentral Pro

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone use this to manage several locations? Would it be beneficial for me to use this even if each location has an NVR?

wbe

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What did you decide? Just recently taking the plunge into HikCentral myself

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does anyone use this to manage several locations? Would it be beneficial for me to use this even if each location has an NVR?
I've set a few up that way, it works just fine. You get all the NVRs online, Then write down or enter a stream key (which I recommend so all locations have the same key and don't have to keep track of it). Then you use Hik-conect app, sign up and scan the NVRs or enter their serial numbers, add them to the app.
Then you use Hik-connect phone app or the IVMS pc software and login to your hik-connect account, and view your cameras. If your PC is on the same network as an nvr, its better to locally add it than using the hik-connect account its assigned to. Because there will be added delay from the video serving from a hik-connect connection session compare to getting it off the local network.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you have multiple locations, its always best to setup VPN between them and avoid cloud/portforwarding