Hikision NVR - IVMS-4200 Weird Problem With Sony Camera

snapple4th

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Long time reader first time poster. I am having a strange problem with a hikvision NVR DS-7716NI with the Ivms-4200 software. I successfully added the Sony Ipella cameras with the NVR and they record and play fine via the NVR web interface. However, when I configure them to appear on the live view grid on the Ivms-4200 I get a error 9 or 91 message reconnecting error. (Failed to receive data from this device). Yet, when I click the box to bring up the camera to full screen it, the camera displays fine. Only on a grid view I get this message. What gives? All other models IE Axis, Hikvision, Vivotek work fine.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I was referring to the encoding that will be offered by the camera when the image is to be on the unexpanded Live View grid, where the substream is used.
The main stream will likely be h.264

snapple4th

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks,

Should this setting be under the camera settings or the ivms? I checked the sony settings and the stream is set to h.264. I dont see any options for substreams. It will allow me to set additional images but I dont have them enabled.

snapple4th

n3wb
Reaction score
What is so odd about this is that it will display on single view, 4 screen grid but not anything higher. I go to a 9 or 16 camera view and it errors out.