Hik's 2032 Motion Detection in BI 4.0

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In an attempt to unload some CPU cycles, I tried to get BI 4.0 to record on the Hik's 2032 Motion Detection, and failed..

1) Is there anyway to get this to work?
2) If so, is the CPU cycle savings worth it?

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, The camera's I would need this feature on are Hik's 2032 and Dahua's

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe that the same approach would work for the 2032 using motion...because all you are doing is triggering an alarm...its doesnt matter if it originates from the pir or motion detection...i will test it later...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can confirm that I was able to trigger blue iris motion detection using this method and the motion detection (not PIR) on the laview camera which is running a rebranded version of 5.2.0 hikvision firmware...the same should work for the 2032...you can test it
EDIT...i believe i was wrong, this method will not work with the 2032...only with hikvision cameras that have an alarm out with the option in the motion detection tab to select other linkage -trigger alarm output A>1....so the -IS cameras with alarm out should work....

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I can confirm that it does not work on the 2032, as there is no Alarm Output tab. For giggles I went through the process anyway and enabled "Trigger Alarm Output" on the Motion Detection page but it did not work.

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it that the 2032's don't send the A>1 (whatever that means) trigger?

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So does that mean that the 2032's will never be detectable by BI? My thinking is, if they don't sent out an alert signal then there would be no way for BI to detect it.??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So does that mean that the 2032's will never be detectable by BI? My thinking is, if they don't sent out an alert signal then there would be no way for BI to detect it.??
I wouldn't say that...the hikvision nvr and ivms software get the signal somehow...as Ken indicated, if someone can get him the info he would implement it...