Hiksion not easy to buy

Leebart

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision advises that their camera systems should be purchased through authorized distributors. However, according to a contact at Hivision, USA, their distributors don't sell to individuals. Of course, Amazon, ebay, and a few other unauthorized sources list Hikvision cameras for purchase. So, maybe the most difficult problem concerning the Hikvision cameras is not the setup, firmware updates, resolution or remote access issues, but just how to buy one of the damn things. The authorized sellers are all foaming at the mouth for large commercial surveillance system orders. I'm guessing that upgrades and support are out the window if one of the unauthorized 3rd party vendors is used. Then, how do most of you acquire you Hikvision camera ?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
There's a couple Hik authorized resellers on this forum: LTS and Nelly's...

Schmark

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been very happy with HD Security Store (hdsecuritystore.com). Got all my cams, NVR, and junction boxes from them. Support is also top of the line.

-S

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Then, how do most of you acquire you Hikvision camera
Huge availability and good prices on Aliexpress.
With the caveats that you're obviously aware of, as am I but they hold no fears.

Leebart

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I've looked at the suggested sites that sell Hikvision, but actually ended up discussing the Dahua cameras (which I had not heard of previously) with one of the vendors - and,wondering how they compare with the Hikvision. The Dahua cameras are a little less pricey and seem to have most of the same features as the Hikvision.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Actually this is the list of authorized distributors for US and I cannot see any authorized "re-sellers" I believe a re-seller is importing themselves without direct Hikvision support. I suggest just contact Hikvision in US and they will tell you where you can buy if you want Hivision support etc. Others will provide their own warranty same as most retail sellers. Personally I just order from a "re-seller" in China and get them in 5 days via DHL and have had no need to warranty or contact anybody directly I just ask questions on this forum if I run into an issue. :

http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/distributionpartner.aspx?c_kind=43&c_kind2=45&c_kind3=56&pageIndex=1

Last edited by a moderator: