Hikvision 2032 w/ DS-7608 NVR

speedywrx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello folks, been doing a lot of lurking researching about the many companies for IP security cameras and I keep finding that the Hikvision 2032s have awesome reviews.

I think I've settled on 4 of these with the 7608 NVR. My intended setup will be to have one on each corner of the house connected to the NVR which is connected to my gigabit home network. A few questions that i'm not clear on:

1) How do I review the recorded feeds? I assume there is some software that comes with it to install on my computer. My computer won't be on all the time - will this affect the recordings or the motion detection capabilities?

2) How can I view the live feeds from my iphone? What app do you recommend and do I have to be on the same network or can I view the live feeds from anywhere in the world?

3) Is it possible to set up the system so that when someone is approaching my house (via motion detection zones) that it will text me an alert so I can view the live feed from my phone to see if it's a salesman or friend?

Thanks!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1) a) A few different ways. i) Free Hikvision iVMS software which you use from your tablet or phone. ii) Web browser login via your computer. iii) Plug a monitor directly into the NVR
b) Motion detection done in camera, so PC doesn't need to be on.
2) See 1) i) iVMS-4500
3) You can set it up so it sends an e-mail on motion detection.

speedywrx

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like these are "the ones" for me!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Apart from the 'Playback' menus via the web admin GUI, the VGA/HDMI interface provides some smarter and more effective ways to find and review what's been recorded. When there are loads of triggered recordings (and you'll be surprised how many you get) it has an automatic fast forward / drop to normal at a smart event capability that saves a lot of time.
It would be good when / if the web GUI has the same functionality as the HDMI interface, hopefully this will improve with updated firmware.