Hikvision 2142FWD-I email alarm is not working permanently

haegele100

n3wb
Reaction score
I use the 2142FWD-I with the firmware 5.3.3.
I store the alarm on a NAS. This function will always work properly.
The email function working only 5- 10 times and then no more.
Does anyone have the same problems?
Does anyone have a solution or there is a bug in the Firmware?

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You obviously had email set up correctly because it was working but some email providers will block a device that starts sending lots and lots of email. Its a form of spam filter. I got a email from my ISP after one of my cameras sent several hundred emails in a single day.

Also check your spam folder. I've heard of emails from camera's being flagged as spam. Add the email address to your trusted sender list to get around that.

Last edited by a moderator:

haegele100

n3wb
Reaction score
You obviously had email set up correctly because it was working but some email providers will block a device that starts sending lots and lots of email. Its a form of spam filter. I got a email from my ISP after one of my cameras sent several hundred emails in a single day.
I use Gmail. With hotmail.com and web.de the email did not get!
What is the the solution?

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you use Gmail it is likely that you have been blocked. Remember that the email server is seeing a bunch of email coming from the camera with exactly the same title every time so it sees spam. Depending on how you have set it up it may be trying to send emails one after the other.

If you use a paid ISP email address you may get further than if you use gmail.
If you must use Gmail Reducing the number of emails sent may help. Open a gmail account for each camera. Try only sending email on a line crossing or intrusion area detection instead of an email on movement. Reduce the frequency with which the camera is permitted to send email.
Alternatively your mobile app may allow you to send push messages instead of an email. Blue Iris has this functionality.