Hikvision 2CD2142FWD-IS not powering on

Johnman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a 2CD2142FWD-IS which has fallen out of warranty and it no longer powers on over POE
I cannot power it on over regular power as I dont have the power adapter for it
I have asked the seller and they say they may charge me but I have no idea how much. I would be good to know a rough estimate as I would buy a new camera if its expensive ( in Australia)

Anyone got any tips I can try before I send it off and take the gamble?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
  • Move cable to another (working) POE port on your NVR or switch.
  • Try another known good cable (one that works with another POE camera). Run cable from POE source directly to camera, bypass any and all patch panel(s).
  • Try with power adapter, even if you have to borrow or buy one. If it is 12VDC @ 2 amp, they're not expensive.

Last edited:

Johnman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
  • Move cable to another (working) POE port on your NVR or switch.
  • Try another known good cable (one that works with another POE camera). Run cable from POE source directly to camera, bypass any and all patch panel(s).
  • Try with power adapter, even if you have to borrow or buy one. If it is 12VDC @ 2 amp, they're not expensive.
Tried all but the last step. And if its works then what? I want it to work over poe

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tried all but the last step. And if its works then what? I want it to work over poe
Then you decide between the cost of a new camera or having it repaired, if you can find someone.
I'm assuming you don't want to open the cam up and try to locate the problem and maybe repair it yourself, do you?

If the cam works with the 12VDC power supply, you could power the cam with it using a pair of passive injectors if the cam is not too far away from the 12VDC power supply or connect your existing POE source to an active POE to 12VDC splitter (max of 15 watts). Personally, I'd consider a new cam.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Johnman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Then you decide between the cost of a new camera or having it repaired, if you can find someone.
I'm assuming you don't want to open the cam up and try to locate the problem and maybe repair it yourself, do you?

If the cam works with the 12VDC power supply, you could power the cam with it using a pair of passive injectors if the cam is not too far away from the 12VDC power supply or connect your existing POE source to an active POE to 12VDC splitter (max of 15 watts). Personally, I'd consider a new cam.
No I am happy to try fix it myself but I dont know a thing about repairing IP cameras.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.