Hikvision 2CD2355FWD-I pixelation issue

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all

I have recently added a 2CD2355FWD-I onto my system and also have added a new NVR being the 7608NI-I2-8P, i have come across a weird that i am hoping you great people may have come across and solved

We have noticed on the 2355 of we are using motion detection or line crossing once it has been tripped (the little bell icon appears) the screen loses resolution) goes pixelated, then when the bell icon disappears a few seconds later the picture goes back to normal. Then when tripped again it does the same thing, I turned offline crossing and there was no issue, I tried it with motion detection and it did the same thing once tripped but does not do it with motion detection off

The first pic is just before the motion was tripped

The second and third pics are when the motion was tripped and the alarm icon was on the screen, does not show up in the pic tho

The 4th photo is a few seconds are the alarm icon had disappeared

As you can see once motion was tripped the image degraded, it does the same on line crossing

Any help would be much appreciated

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the NVR > Camera > Video Parameters > Main Stream menu:
ensure you have the resolution, frame rate and bit rate set identically for both Main Stream (Continuous) and Main Stream (Event). You'll usually get a warning if the frame rate was set differently but not if the resolution or bit rate was. That should sort the problem. If you still have issues log into one of the cameras directly with a web browser and check that the settings you applied in the NVR have been received and applied on the IP camera. If they look different set them again in the NVR.

In the NVR > Storage > Schedule > Record menu
If you are using continuous recording but with motion detection also in use - click the Advanced button and set pre record to 0S (and copy to all all cameras). Unconnected to the pixelation but will prevent "skipping" of video during events if your using high frame rate and bit rate

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In the NVR > Camera > Video Parameters > Main Stream menu:
ensure you have the resolution, frame rate and bit rate set identically for both Main Stream (Continuous) and Main Stream (Event). You'll usually get a warning if the frame rate was set differently but not if the resolution or bit rate was. That should sort the problem. If you still have issues log into one of the cameras directly with a web browser and check that the settings you applied in the NVR have been received and applied on the IP camera. If they look different set them again in the NVR.
Mate, I think you nailed it, thank you very much.

I found the issue, I am running the 7608NI-I2-8P alongside my 7616NI-E2 just doing a side by side of the 2 NVR's using the same cameras, the bitrate on the I2 and for both the mainstream(Normal) and the main street (event) were the same but on the 7616NI-E2 they were different, so the cam would have been getting confused i would say.

What is the transcoded stream used for?

Thanks again

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mate, I think you nailed it, thank you very much.

I found the issue, I am running the 7608NI-I2-8P alongside my 7616NI-E2 just doing a side by side of the 2 NVR's using the same cameras, the bitrate on the I2 and for both the mainstream(Normal) and the main street (event) were the same but on the 7616NI-E2 they were different, so the cam would have been getting confused i would say.

What is the transcoded stream used for?

Thanks again
No problem. Bear in mind that any setting you apply in the NVR is actually set on the camera. So if you make a change on either NVR it will apply it to the camera, meaning that the last applied setting is the one that the camera uses. This could cause some confusion as you'll get a scenario where if you make a change on the I series, it will be applied to the camera, but the E series GUI will still show the previous setting that was applied on it.

I'm not totally sure about the transcoded stream - I think it's used along with smooth streaming to enable viewing when the network bandwidth is limited.

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No problem. Bear in mind that any setting you apply in the NVR is actually set on the camera. So if you make a change on either NVR it will apply it to the camera, meaning that the last applied setting is the one that the camera uses. This could cause some confusion as you'll get a scenario where if you make a change on the I series, it will be applied to the camera, but the E series GUI will still show the previous setting that was applied on it.

I'm not totally sure about the transcoded stream - I think it's used along with smooth streaming to enable viewing when the network bandwidth is limited.
Cheers mate. the issue with the even res dropping seems to be fine, I have come across another issue with the quality dropping at certain times but need to gather some more info and compare items before asking,

Thanks heaps man