Hikvision 2CD2432 PIR Alarm

nlagaros

n3wb
Reaction score
I am confused as to what I need to do to utilize the alarm out connector on the 2432 camera. I want to hook it up to my DSC alarm panel as a zone input - similar to the way I would a wired motion detector. I configured the camera to trigger the alarm when the PIR detects motion. It is really a matter of wiring. Is the alarm out port 12v or do I need some type of relay?

Please help.

Thanks!

CamFan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am confused as to what I need to do to utilize the alarm out connector on the 2432 camera. I want to hook it up to my DSC alarm panel as a zone input - similar to the way I would a wired motion detector. I configured the camera to trigger the alarm when the PIR detects motion. It is really a matter of wiring. Is the alarm out port 12v or do I need some type of relay?

Please help.

Thanks!

Here, I tied the PIR to the alarm, then used a RELAY out form the alarm to trigger record. I don't trust the image analysis, PIRs work way better.

I did play with it once. I tried to meter and scope it out, but it is not a voltage output. It is likely a sink to ground.

If I was going to test it, I would tie it to your alarm panel, zone input to HIK OUT and GROUND TO GROUND. You may need an EOLR, depending on your panel.

nlagaros

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried with and without the EOL resistor. No luck. I tested resistance as well with a meter and got no change when the alarm went off. I'm puzzled by this one.