Hikvision 2CD2742FWD-I 4MP WDR Vari-Focal / Nelly's Security / I-Frames

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I apologize if this has already been covered, however I wanted to bring up an issue I had with Nelly's recommended I-Frame settings for the camera listed in the title of this post. At least two of the techs I spoke to at Nelly's recommended I set I-Frames to double that of the FPS setting, i.e. 40 I-Frames for an FPS setting of 20. So that's what I'd done with all my Hikvision cameras thinking that was ok.

Using Blue Iris 4.2.8.4 & 4.2.8.5 I noticed some color problems on my three vari-focal cameras. Generally these problems resolved themselves by rebooting the camera or even restarting in Blue Iris, but yesterday one of the cameras would persistently skew the colors. I began tinkering with the settings, but nothing worked until I decided to take the advice of all the posters who recommend matching the I-Frame and FPS settings ( 20-20, 30-30, etc.). Once I did that, the problem went away and has not returned.

I first thought this issue might be a Blue Iris problem, however, it looks like the camera wasn't keen on the doubling of I-Frames setting. The vari-focal was the only Hikvision cameras that showed any problems; the others didn't seem to mind the doubling of I-Frames. Hope this helps someone.1-18-2016 11-43-21 AM.png

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have had this issue with other cameras and generally find either double or matching is the way ahead for I-Frames.

Thanks for sharing.