Hikvision 3132

Reaction score
Hi

I bought a Hikvision 2CD3132 from amazon, and unfortunately this has had the firmware modified and now I can't recover it. On the camera it says 5.30 150513

I've tried using TFTP to upload the Chinese firmware, but can't find any other firmware to try. TFTP says that the file has been transmitted but doesn't say system update completed.

A second problem I have is with a Hikvision 4 port NVR with 2TB inbuilt harddrive. The cameras are setup and are viewable on live view. I've formatted the harddrive but it doesn't seem to record (when I go to playback there says no file). I can screengrab, but that gets stored locally.

Anyhelp would be ace!

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
unfortunately this has had the firmware modified
Strangely - that's actually usually a good thing. You get a good camera at a good price, that works well out of the CN region that it was built for when it normally wouldn't.
the file has been transmitted but doesn't say system update completed.
After leaving it a few minutes for the firmware to be written - check what SADP makes of the camera status. http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/tools_82.html
This firmware usually works pretty well.
I've formatted the harddrive but it doesn't seem to record (when I go to playback there says no file).
You need to configure all the recording options - recording schedule, motion and/or smart event and/or continuous recording etc.
You haven't said what you've configured here.

Reaction score
hi alastair

thanks for the reply. I'm not sure 5.25 will work with the 3132 series camera?! I've tried loading earlier versions but no success.

Can't find much about this new model, and it only is listed on the Chinese website with Chinese firmware (still doesn't work)

any clues?!