Hikvision 4500 connection issue

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all

I have been using my cams and IVMS4500 for some time now without an issue, last week i got a update notification on my Nexus 5 phone asking to update to Android IOS 6 (Marshmallow), i did the up date and checked all apps including IVMS4500 and found the cams would not connect they would sit there with the spinny thing on the window trying to connect but nothing.

I updated IVMS4500 and tried again and nothing the cams will not connect

I have noticed that after uninstalling the app and reinstalling ut, when asked the region i selected Oceania and it will sit there trying to connect but doesnt end up connecting

Any help would be much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Might be a slim chance this will get it to work but might as well give it a try.

Try clearing the app cache and app data in the application manager. It's probably the same as uninstalling the app.

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Might be a slim chance this will get it to work but might as well give it a try.

Try clearing the app cache and app data in the application manager. It's probably the same as uninstalling the app.
Hi thanks i gave that a try but having the same issue, I have noticed that when you install IVMS for the first time there is a default camera in China you can view, i can see the camera under devices but when you go into the camera list to select what cams to show at the one time, the camera is not on that list neither is any other cameras i have added

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's a bug in the latest version of iVMS4500 but I have seen more reports of odd random issues people have on android devices.

Does it work if you try the HD version of iVMS4500?

Reaction score
Is this simply a question of adding the device again? When I upgraded my Android phone I found that I needed to re-add the DVR device again before I could see the camera streams.

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's a bug in the latest version of iVMS4500 but I have seen more reports of odd random issues people have on android devices.

Does it work if you try the HD version of iVMS4500?
Hi, i installed 4500HD, i cant even find how to add cams on that, i have got it working on Smart Mobile viewer which seems to be a IVMS rip off

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is this simply a question of adding the device again? When I upgraded my Android phone I found that I needed to re-add the DVR device again before I could see the camera streams.
Hi James, i have tried that a few times and nothing, it will not even complete the part where you add the region on the initial setup it just keeps spinning

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The HD version is a bit harder to use on the phone, I just kept pressing every button until something came up.

If that works then it's probably just a bug or compatibility issue for some reason.

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I think it is an issue with the updated app and camera firmware. The app worked fine for a year and then the update broke it. My cams have AliExpress 5.2.0 f/w. I believe my NVR is 3.0.7

The good news is the tablet version, lablee as HD in the play store has not been updated so it works on my nexus 5.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another case of it it ain't broke don't fix it.

Kinda like the new style ebay app for the android. Bloody atrocious.

If your lucky there should be the install files for the old app floating around somewhere.

metricus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK. I confirm that IVMS 4500 is broken under Android 6. You are not doing anything wrong. Not even the test camera from China works.

I have been struggling since the roll-out of Marshmallow and today I had time to doodle with my Nexus 5.

The only solution I found for now is to downgrade to 5.1 I did a downgrade and it works just fine. Then I burned a clean factory image of 6.0 again and just installed IVMS 4500 without any further settings and it failed to accept any cams.

So my advice it to downgrade. For Nexus owners go here:
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images?hl=en

read and follow instructions.
I use (Kubuntu) linux and adb tools are in the repository.
Everything works smooth. If any questions I will assist.

If you don't have nexus I have no advice. I also don't know how to burn this from a windows machine.

Peace!
Don't forget the thank you button.

Last edited by a moderator:

metricus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just a quick update here: It turns out that iVMS 4500-HD version works under Android 6.0. Hikvision said that they work on fixing iVMS 4500 which IMHO is a better app.

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Agreed. The HD app still works but the app is junk compared to the non HD version.

FWIW, the non HD app stopped working for me before I got Android 6 so in my experience it is the app and camera sw/fw not your Android version.

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't want to jinx it but the latest IVMS-4500 update seems to have fixed the issue. Version 4.2.2