Hikvision 5.3.6 Firmware Upgrade - Now got stability issues with high bitrate

cctvuknut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I upgraded my 4 Mp Bullet camera to Firmware 5.3.6 today and can confirm this resolves the fade in/out flashing issue I had previously

However the update has introduced a new problem , I was previously running 16384 Kbps which is the max bitrate available

However at this setting the camera freezes and the clock stops , if i drop this to 12288 then the clock starts ticking again but pauses and jumps 8 seconds or
so then carries on

Anyone else had these issues ? I'm running variable bitrate and had no issues on version 5.3.3

Would be interested to hear feedback from other owners

rearanger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
out of interest when the clock freezes can you still see normal live playback? (also is substream still fine)

cctvuknut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can see the seconds freezing on the live clock and when I play back the footage , will do some testing with the substream !

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
i had this with my 4mp for a while, not really sure what sorted it as i messed with just about every setting combination, i now run at 1920 x 1080 with H264+ on, seems to give the most reliable results even though the camera is capable of more

cctvuknut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i had this with my 4mp for a while, not really sure what sorted it as i messed with just about every setting combination, i now run at 1920 x 1080 with H264+ on, seems to give the most reliable results even though the camera is capable of more
Thanks for the feedback buddy , were you running 5.3.6 ?

solo1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had/have the same issue. The issue I had was with a nvr 7604 with 2 4mp cameras. The max I could set my cameras with h.264+ was 1080p. I had the same issue as you if I set it to a higher setting. The only workaround I found was to turn off the h.264+ setting and can run at whatever bitrate I need to but it has to be on constant bitrate and not variable. I tried and tested everything but it still gave me the same problems. Only until I turned of the h.264+ setting off did it resolve it. Also you may find if you download a clip using ivms that the clip runs absolutely fine with less skips and jumps then in live view. It's definitely a firmware issue but again it feels like the nvr can't handle the high processing power for high bitrates etc.

I run both my cameras at a bitrate of 8144 with a constant setting and h.264+ setting turned off. I have no issues now.

cctvuknut

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had/have the same issue. The issue I had was with a nvr 7604 with 2 4mp cameras. The max I could set my cameras with h.264+ was 1080p. I had the same issue as you if I set it to a higher setting. The only workaround I found was to turn off the h.264+ setting and can run at whatever bitrate I need to but it has to be on constant bitrate and not variable. I tried and tested everything but it still gave me the same problems. Only until I turned of the h.264+ setting off did it resolve it. Also you may find if you download a clip using ivms that the clip runs absolutely fine with less skips and jumps then in live view. It's definitely a firmware issue but again it feels like the nvr can't handle the high processing power for high bitrates etc.

I run both my cameras at a bitrate of 8144 with a constant setting and h.264+ setting turned off. I have no issues now.
Thanks for your comments , I've got the same NVR as yourself too

I've just downgraded the camera from 5.3.6 to 5.3.3 and set my bitrate back to the max 16000 + , I can confirm that with no other settings changed the camera is not locking up or freezing as on 5.3.6 , defo a bug in the system

I've not bothered with the h.264+ setting on either firmware files, always left off and still had the freeze issues on 5.3.6 , I may go back to the 5.3.6 again if the fade in /out problem starts to get bad again at night which is a known problem on 5.3.3

Ive checked my DVR today and had so many freezes / glitches on 5.3.6 which I've never had before

ardsar

n3wb
Reaction score
Check the build number. It's a later build and solves the issue. Version is still 5.3.3

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk