Hikvision 7600 series dimensions

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I recently purchased a DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR from China, for a bit under $300 shipped. It is a genuine US NVR, with all Hikvision logos, color box, and upgradable English firmware. Hardware region is not the base of my question.

I have purchased a few more of these models in the earlier part of 2015, both from within the US and from China, of the same kind. However when I received this new one in January 2016, it looked like a miniature version as it was much narrower width-wise and did not include rack mount ears like its wider counterpart. I asked the seller (XinRay) as to why this was the case and they weren't able to provide an answer aside from that Hikvision made the change and they have no control over it, which I understand fine, it's just that if I were to have some place where it needs rack mounted, I may run into a problem with ears/brackets.

Everything about it works great, in fact I love how small it is considering it went into a set-top style application, but my concern is long term if future installs call for a rack mount setup, how I would go about doing that without fabricating special ears to make it fit.

The wider one in the pic was manufactured 5/2015 and the small one was manufactured not even 3 weeks before I received it, in 12/2015. Same model sticker, same firmware, same features, same everything, except physical dimensions.

Anyone else run into this at all or any idea why? Any input appreciated. Thanks!
IMG_6292.jpgIMG_6293.jpgIMG_6294.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

5string

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I received mine a week or so ago and is the small version as well. I don't know how to check mfr date. It has an extra screw hole on each side, perhaps stronger mounting points (3 total per side) for wider ears? I have no clue, just speculating.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The date is on the sticker on the box and I think also on the sticker on the bottom of the recorder. All of the 7600s (big and small) have 3 holes. The 2 parallel ones are for the ears, no idea what the third is for.

It's clear that this is an actual model change and not a version difference of any sort and that the ones I have up to now are the only ones that, until I find another solution, are rack mountable. If you have a standalone set top setup, the smaller one is more ideal. Most of mine are so I should be fine but if I ever encounter the need for a rack mount again, I might have some issues.

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5string

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The lateral view photos above appear to have just two holes on top NVR. Probably irrelevant in any case

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You're right. The smaller one only has two. Didn't pay much attention to that before. Good catch. Even so, when rack mounting the larger ones, only 2 holes were used.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can't tell a difference. Something like a power supply with respect to manufacturing supply chain can vary greatly. With many of the Hikvision NVRs I buy I do notice a bit of variance on this, no major issues to note which is good. The only one that had a noticeably louder PSU was a 7716 that the fan was on the inside of the NVR, and the back was just a vent. With these 7600s, as you can see the fans stick out the back. This was one that was purchased by my boss through ADI (authorized US Hikvision distributor). However when you put it in a rack with many other switches, routers, and heat generating devices with louder fans, it doesn't faze anyone. Actually I can't hear it over anything else anymore that's so much the case.

I've heard of Delta Electronics before, but not the other one. FSP group is another big one. On any of my high power LED projects I've had very good luck with MeanWell drivers/power supplies. What would be cool is if Antec made PSUs for embedded devices. Top notch.

Usually with power supplies or any computer fans that grind or make noise are very very cheap sleeve bearing fans. High grade components such as Antec I believe, use ball bearing fans which are better designed for longevity and reliability. Sleeve bearing works fine and I've had many last a very long time, but basic engineering principles tell that a ball bearing design is better for this kind of application, if not many others.