Hikvision 7600 trouble adding cameras over lan

Reaction score
I'm missing something obvious so sorry if this is a silly question.

IV a Hikvision 7608 8 channel Poe, IV added two Hikvision turret IP cameras,

I can get the NVR to recognise the cameras are active but i can't get the added to the channels.

When i match the cameras new IP address to the IP address for the camera in the channel it just disappears.

(I activated and set the IP address on the camoeras via one of the POE ports in the NVR)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
trouble adding cameras over lan
On the assumption from the thread title that you do mean the LAN, and not the NVR PoE ports :

I can get the NVR to recognise the cameras are active but i can't get the added to the channels.
All 8 channels are initially pre-defined as PoE channels, not for cameras on the LAN. But you can change that.
I activated and set the IP address on the cameras via one of the POE ports in the NVR
In which case the camera presumably now has an IP address associated with the range used by the NVR PoE ports, usually 192.168.254.x
When i match the cameras new IP address to the IP address for the camera in the channel it just disappears.
If the camera now has an IP address in the range used by the NVR PoE ports - the only way to connect it as-is will be via the NVR PoE port it was connected to when activated. But you can change that.

Suggestion:
If the camera is really on the LAN, presumably you are able to power it up.
Use SADP to find the camera and assign it an IP address in the range used by the LAN, outside of the DHCP scope of the LAN router. Tools-Hikvision
In the NVR web GUI, under Camera Management, select the unused channel you'd like to associate the camera with, and change the mode to Manual instead of Plug&Play.
Set the IP address to that which you assigned to the camera on the LAN.
Set the password as needed, protocol=Hikvision, port=8000
Click OK.
The camera should now show in Live View.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When i go to simply add to the channel the error (cannot add any more IP cameras comes up)
All 8 channels of the 8-channel NVR are assigned to the NVR PoE ports.
So you can't Add any more - but you can change an existing one by selecting it and using 'Modify'

Reaction score
Yes, your correct, i did mean LAN

They are powered by a POE switch connected to the network.

I tried to get SADP via Hikvision but all i came across was for Mac.

When i was setting up i was able to plug both cameras into the POE ports on the NVR and play live video and it was there that i changed the IP address of the cameras before removing them and connecting on the POE switch elsewhere on site. Is this method of changing camper IP address not correct?

If i modify the camera IP address in one of the original POE channels, to the same as the cameras IP address, the camera disappears from the list and doesn't connect to the choses channel

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If i modify the camera IP address in one of the original POE channels, to the same as the cameras IP address, the camera disappears from the list and doesn't connect to the choses channel
Yes, that's because the IP address range the camera is now on is for the NVR PoE ports and will not work on the LAN.
It will be fine when you fix the camera IP address to a LAN address, and modify the NVR channel it was set up in.
I tried to get SADP via Hikvision but all i came across was for Mac.
Use Page 2 of that link - it's definitely there for Windows.

Reaction score
Even by selecting the camera from the list, and modifying it here.

I still need to go via SADP instead?

I'll give that a go and hopefully get connected.

I tried logging into the camera via my browser, used the default IP and the IP that i ''thought' i had changed fed it to but couldn't get logged in.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Even by selecting the camera from the list, and modifying it here.
In the NVR web GUI Camera Management, it's not the camera IP address you are changing, but the IP address the channel should use to connect to the camera.

I still need to go via SADP instead?
Yes, because that will find the camera even when it has an IP address outside the LAN it's connected to, and allow you to change the IP address.

I tried logging into the camera via my browser, used the default IP and the IP that i ''thought' i had changed fed it to but couldn't get logged in.
As previously stated - changing the NVR channel IP address will not change the camera IP address.
SADP will fix this problem for you.

Reaction score
Thanks, i tried down loading SADP on the office computer connected to the network but it just won't open, saved the file ok but closes the window as soon as it's opened.

I'll try on my laptop later

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, i tried down loading SADP on the office computer connected to the network but it just won't open, saved the file ok but closes the window as soon as it's opened.
It requires administrative rights.
It's a plus that the office PC / your account is locked down enough to inhibit that.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any suggestions what to change it to that might be more comoatable? Or what other changes would you suggest to do ?
What's the IP address range of your LAN? That info is missing from the SADP screenshot, ie the address of the NVR and any other Hikvision devices.
The suggested steps are as below.

Suggestion:
If the camera is really on the LAN, presumably you are able to power it up.
Use SADP to find the camera and assign it an IP address in the range used by the LAN, outside of the DHCP scope of the LAN router. Tools-Hikvision
In the NVR web GUI, under Camera Management, select the unused channel you'd like to associate the camera with, and change the mode to Manual instead of Plug&Play.
Set the IP address to that which you assigned to the camera on the LAN.
Set the password as needed, protocol=Hikvision, port=8000
Click OK.
The camera should now show in Live View

Reaction score
I got it sorted, as you said it was on the same range as the built in POE channel, i changed that an matched the chanel to the new IP address on the cameras and it worked a treat.

Thanks for your help, simple looking back but took me longer than it should have to figure it out.

now to make a fee brackets and get playing around with camera placement.