Hikvision 7604ni-k1/4p more cameras

trecords

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

My NVR7604ni-k1/4p is basic NVR with 4 POE ports but now I need NVR with more ports or record network IP cameras which are more than 4. I see my nvr is able to record 8MP as per documentation which means I can connect 8 full hd cameras but software is limited. Is there are any way add more network cameras? I can modify hardware and firmware if required))

Regards.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there are any way add more network cameras? I
My understanding is you cannot.. even f you attach a POE switch to the NVR's LAN it will be limited to 4 ports max by the NVR because of bandwidth issues .You need a new NVR with more ports.

Get more ports than you think you'll need and get an NVR with the total bandwidth capacity for the number and size (MP) of cameras you intend to have RECORDING simultaneously.

:cool:==>> IP CAMERA BANDWIDTH CALCULATOR & CCTV STORAGE CALCULATOR

Last edited:

trecords

n3wb
Reaction score
I am able to free up all 4 ports of NVR by attaching Camera through network switch :), so in this case only user Interface seems a limit(((

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am able to free up all 4 ports of NVR by attaching Camera through network switch :), so in this case only user Interface seems a limit(((
Sure you can always skip the NVR POE ports and many do because of wiring limitations or because the NVR POE ports went bad, but you are still limited to the number of channels the NVR is designed for.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So if the goal of removing 4 cams from the POE NVR and moving them to a POE switch was to have more than 4 cams on the NVR have you tried adding a 5th or 6th cam to the POE switch yet?

trecords

n3wb
Reaction score
So if the goal of removing 4 cams from the POE NVR and moving them to a POE switch was to have more than 4 cams on the NVR have you tried adding a 5th or 6th cam to the POE switch yet?
Yes, and they get powered:) but the issue is on interface, I cant bind more that 4 camera into hikvision interface. I can select 4 of 5 attached cameras into my network or NVR ports. My point is to increase port count in Hikvision firmware if it is possible.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As we have said, it isn't designed to accept more than the NVR is rated for and I don't think it is possible.

According to the specs, it has a bandwidth limit of 40 Mbps, so even if you could somehow figure out how to change the firmware to see more cameras, it will be crap as you would have to significantly drop the FPS and bandwidth and MP to make it work LOL.

Even cheap Amcrest NVRs come at 80Mbps bandwidth....

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanted to insure I understood (I did) and as mentioned in the post, it's not designed to allow that. Hey, if someone could save $200 and buy a 4 channel NVR and put 16 cams on it, why not, right? :idk: