Hikvision 76xx and 77xx NI NVR's PoE power overload

dennis_ca

n3wb
Reaction score
I have noticed that this error appears every hour on 14 different NVR's. It's like 20-30% of 77/76-series NVR's I installed.
You can hear the beep every hour and see the log message "PoE power overload" and there are no other symptoms.
If anyone has the same NVR, would you be able to go to Log - Exceptions and check if the same error message exists in your log? The FW I use is V4.1.61 or V4.1.64 mostly. I'm trying to upgrade to different versions to make sure it's not a FW issue.

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you sure it says "overload" rather than "exception" or something along those lines?

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this only occurring on POE channels that are not being used? Or does it occur on all of them? I ask because I have something similar, once per hour, but only on those channels that are not used. When I turned off power to those unused channels through the NVR, I stopped getting that notice. My guess is that when powered, the NVR sort of "pings" all the channels and when it gets no reply from the empty channels, it generates a notice. But I don't believe mine says "overload". However, I'll check it tonight when I get home (about 3 hours) and I'll update.

dennis_ca

n3wb
Reaction score
It happens on all the channels. And it doesn't matter if I have camera connected or not, PoE enabled or not

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dennis - apologies ahead of time for the cell phone pic, but I thought I'd show you what I see on my NVR about every hour. I take it this is not what you are seeing?

shilimboto

n3wb
Reaction score
I have also experienced the same, as in poe overload, all of my cameras do not show nothing............ i dont know what to do, but i want to try upgrading to see if i get some difference.....