Hikvision 7716ni sp/16 plug and play not working

Hndyman55

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the hikvision dvr and a hikvision cam ds-2cd2342wd. I can not get it to work on the dvr. Plug and play doesnt work and either does trying to add it manually. Please help. Also tried downloading the SADP program and it’s not working on my computer. When it tries to load I get “msvcp140.dll missing”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
type the error message in google it will tell you how to add the missing dll. It worked for me but now it is asking for a password, which it won't take the password i set up on my camera so i will have to figure it out.

Hndyman55

n3wb
Reaction score
Here’s an update. I did google how to add the missing dll files and got that program to load. I have also figured out that even if you change the password on the camera(s), that doesn’t necessarily mean they will work when adding the cameras to the dvr. Use the default camera password instead. One of the two has worked for me and I have now added 6 different cameras. 1 hikvision and the rest were dahua rebrands.(ADT). None of them were plug and play. They all had to be added manually. ONVIF and the ip address(s) must fall into the same subnet as the dvr. 192.168.254.???

Reaction score
Glad you were able to get it. I was able to change the password and get on. But when I added it to my network it wanted another password so, i gave up for now. I'm running by cameras on blue iris. That camera was going in the garage, i moved the garage PTZ camera outside where that hikvision camera was and i was going to put the hik in the garage. But I have just recieved five more cameras to put up i am not going to worry about this hikcamera. All my cameras except this one is dahua, so i will just get another dahua and place it in the garage.

Hndyman55

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah I have learned that Dahua is much more user friendly than Hikvision. Plus the Hikvision dvr’s are limiting and the one i have I can not update to the new firmware and also cant add Ip cams on the network. You can send me that Hik camera if you dont want it .

Reaction score
Yeah I have learned that Dahua is much more user friendly than Hikvision. Plus the Hikvision dvr’s are limiting and the one i have I can not update to the new firmware and also cant add Ip cams on the network. You can send me that Hik camera if you dont want it .

If you want it I will send it, I do not plan on using it any more. It's the ud4364n-a bullit cam. It's a good overview camera, which is why i was going to place it in the garage. I can have more use out of the PTZ I replaced it with in my backyard. Anyway give me the address you want me to send it and I will send it tomorrow, it's free to a good home.