Hikvision 7716Nxi or 7616nxi

Winpoks

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I want to replace my 7616NI-K2 for more powerful. Indeed, I have 5 Hikvision cameras and 4 third party cameras (3 dahua, 1 wansview) on it.
Problem, during alarms, detections, the video freeze. Making video surveillance less useful, especially with a PTZ with autotracking (Dahua). I have withdrawn the Dahua which is now autonomous, but it lacks unity.
My question, is what is the power difference between the two models? There is no information on it except for consumption. What if maybe the 7616nxi would be enough?

Thanks for all.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the main difference is that the 77 series has the capacity for 4 HDD where the 76 series only has capacity for 2 HDD. I agree with going for the 16 channel version.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Parley is correct. "77" series vs "76" difference is only the hard drive spots. 4 vs 2. Do remember that with the NXI's (acusense) that they only have support for 4 dumb cameras to be used with the NVR's AI. Any camera after the 4 will require a camera with built in AI in order to have that ability.

Have you tried a firmware upgrade on your current "K2" NVR? Some times that is all it is needing is the firmware update and default. Adding 3rd party cameras via ONVIF I have noticed will cause performance issues. Are the issues you are having only with the third party cameras or are they happening to the Hikvision cameras also?

Winpoks

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for difference between models.

They happening to the Hikvision cameras too. And yes, with the last firmware. But maybe, cause is the third party cameras.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for difference between models.

They happening to the Hikvision cameras too. And yes, with the last firmware. But maybe, cause is the third party cameras.
I use both the Hikvision cameras and the Dahua cameras on my Hikvision NVR's without issue.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check the playback and see if it is doing that there also. It could be a number of issues.

-Decoding abilities of the unit. Set the video feeds in your liveview to substream and see if they are still doing that.
-Changing the bitrate type on the 3rd party cameras to CBR.
-Lower the FPS to something other than "Full frame". Usually 12-15 FPS will provide a happy medium between it ghosting and wasting space
-Have the 3rd party cameras on H265. H265+ may cause issues.