Hikvision 8 MP 'cube' camera DS-2CD2483G0-IW

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Funny you mention that. Mine was going in a black entertainment system cabinet and I wanted it to blend in. Easy to take apart, paint, and reassemble.

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Because it's not the same cam that the OP asked about, but it's the same housing. I was responding to Frog's comment about painting it black. That OK with you??

Reaction score
Funny you mention that. Mine was going in a black entertainment system cabinet and I wanted it to blend in. Easy to take apart, paint, and reassemble.

Nice job! I did this with the original Annke I61DR cube camera, but that old 2 MP camera has seen a lot of abuse and the paint tended to scratch/flake off. How's yours holding up?

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine's holding up just fine, but I don't really fool with it much. It just sits there.

Ok, confession time. After painting it I had no nighttime vision. I thought I damaged the IR light. Turns out I painted over the black lens cover at the bottom with the logo, lol. Had to clean it with mineral spirits and then it worked just fine.

Reaction score
Mine's holding up just fine, but I don't really fool with it much. It just sits there.

Ok, confession time. After painting it I had no nighttime vision. I thought I damaged the IR light. Turns out I painted over the black lens cover at the bottom with the logo, lol. Had to clean it with mineral spirits and then it worked just fine.
I used blue painters masking tape to cover all the delicate spots on mine. Had to go back with a cotton swab to touch up the missed spots.

Reaction score
And they cancelled my order. Refunded my $$$, so that's okay. It appears these are out of stock everywhere. :( I really wanted to review that camera.

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Very good 4K camera !
Real time/size sample:

picture.jpeg

Last edited:

Dreamliner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, this model is discontinued. In fact it is the only model with 4K and WiFi.
After first purchase I got 10% discount from iCCTV shop , you will probably get it too. But 60 bucks seems too pricey, I got it for $104 with discount :)