Hikvision 8MP DS-7604NI-K1/4P Hikvision POE - 4 Channel

Reaction score
Im new to this, you might have seen my other thread, but thought I would start another one, about the same problem.

I bought a 8MP DS-7604NI-K1/4P Hikvision POE - 4 Channel, this was the only 4 channel nvr available from the shop I purchased from. I also bought 1 8mp darkfighter camera and a 4 mp darkfighter camera.

I set these up, then I was having trouble with not being able to see preview images when I held the mouse over the timeline, in playback. Also getting 'no resource' intermittently when trying to veiw both cameras on one screen.

After messing around with settings, then reading on here, I found my problem. If I turn the quality of the 8mp camera from 4k, down 1 setting, then my problem is fixed.

It would seem that the nvr that I have, cannot cope with having the 8mp camera recording 8mp? Even though it says it can record 8mp and 4k???

I only have one 8mp camera at the moment, and if it can not cope now, then it dosnt look good for the future.

Has anyone else found this problem? I might talk to the shop where I bought this from, and see what they say about the situation.

Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Your NVR is only capable at displaying multiple streams in 1080p - this is clearly shown on the data sheet under decoding capabilities. If you are wanting to display 8mp stream you can only do so one camera at a time.... Either who ever you purchased it from didn't understand what you were trying to do or they sold you an incorrect item. Either way - what you are now attempting to do or describe your NVR is not capable of performing (which is why it "magically works" when you drop your 8MP camera down one resolution setting).

Reaction score
Your NVR is only capable at displaying multiple streams in 1080p - this is clearly shown on the data sheet under decoding capabilities. If you are wanting to display 8mp stream you can only do so one camera at a time.... Either who ever you purchased it from didn't understand what you were trying to do or they sold you an incorrect item. Either way - what you are now attempting to do or describe your NVR is not capable of performing (which is why it "magically works" when you drop your 8MP camera down one resolution setting).

Thank you for this information

Is there a 4 channel nvr available to show 4 cameras at 8mp?

Thanks