Hikvision 9632NI - Live view keeps reverting back to single camera from multi camera view.

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just as the title states. This NVR has two monitors attached. HDMI & VGA. They are both set to view multi cameras all the time. They keep reverting back to a black screen then single camera (1st camera of 20) view every couple weeks. Go into the NVR reset the settings and all is good for a couple more weeks until it does it again? Any thoughts?

TIA - Brian

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
" this system is still on HIDNNS."

that may be allowing malicious 'manipulation' of your NVR from the outside. Not that the DNS mapping itself is bad,
but it helps people find your NVR's external IP address and depending on how you have your router setup, may be allowing
manipulation of your NVR from the outside world,
ie, possibly automated hacking attempts having the side effect of resetting your console view preference...

As you haven't described your router and how you have things set up ofor external access we can't say if/how you may be exposed...

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have this NVR running behind a SonicWall firewall.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
ok, but if it supports UPNP (and it hasn't been disabled on the NVR and/or the FW) then the NVR may have opened holes in the FW that MAY allow access from the outside...

maybe test your external IP at to check for any open ports? Port Scanners / WhatsMyIP.org
specifically, ports 80, 554, 8000 and 8200 for Hik NVR's i think (there may be others as well...)

Yes, those open ports is how you get remote access to your NVR, but it's also how they get hacked from the outside.

Maybe you are indeed secured, but might as well eliminate this is a possible cause for your symptoms...

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I changed 80 and 8000 to custom settings not sure about the others off hand. Also,
if someone was accessing this NVR from outside would they be interested in changing my "live view" settings?

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I appreciate it believe me. It's driving me crazy.

Scantid

n3wb
Reaction score
Was this ever resolved. I am also having this issue.
I am running a DS 7616NI connected to only an LG TV. Randomly, sometimes when I switch back to the NVR HDMI source on the TV, the liveview has switched back to a single screen from the default 16 screen I have it on.
Driving me nuts! I want to be able to lock it on the 16 screen setting!

Swift

n3wb
Reaction score
Was this ever resolved. I am also having this issue.
I am running a DS 7616NI connected to only an LG TV. Randomly, sometimes when I switch back to the NVR HDMI source on the TV, the liveview has switched back to a single screen from the default 16 screen I have it on.
Driving me nuts! I want to be able to lock it on the 16 screen setting!
Put black electrical tape over the IR receiver.
Hikvision is cheap and using the same IR codes as some buttons from other brands.

So a press of a certain button on a remote is being received by the DVR since it also has a remote control. Don't know why they still include a IR remote if the mouse control is easier. I use a wireless Logitech mouse on my DVR.