HIKVISION - Able to access NVR via web but not locally

hasty

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I can access my NVR page via web with the correct port forwarding. However i am unable to log in locally via my home PC which is connected to the same router. I can ping it with no problem but just cant seem to load the page. Strange thing is that the page loads briefly with the hikvision camera logo(shown on the browser tab) and webpage changes to "192.168.1.5/doc/page/login.asp?_123445677". Finally the page stops loading and proceeds to "This webpage is not available"

Please help.

Thank you.

Regards,
Hasty

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I log in to my LTS (Hik) NVR by typing in the IP address, it also auto-forwards to a funny-looking URL. If your NVR is using 192.168.1.5 then maybe that part isn't a problem.

On your LAN are the computer and NVR plugged in to the same network switch? Any hardware in between them?

Same or different computer when you test LAN vs internet access? This kind of looks like a browser problem to me but if it's all the same client, that is weird for sure.

I would suggest you try the other clients on your LAN and see if they work. (http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/Tools_84.html for the desktop computer client, check the phone app stores for iVMS-4500)

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi All,

I can access my NVR page via web with the correct port forwarding. However i am unable to log in locally via my home PC which is connected to the same router. I can ping it with no problem but just cant seem to load the page. Strange thing is that the page loads briefly with the hikvision camera logo(shown on the browser tab) and webpage changes to "192.168.1.5/doc/page/login.asp?_123445677". Finally the page stops loading and proceeds to "This webpage is not available"

Please help.

Thank you.

Regards,
Hasty
What hardware (model number) is your NVR and what os & browser (version) are you using? Your post is only a partial story to be able to possibly provide assistance.

The "forward" or redirect you are referencing above is correct. My guess is your static IP of your NVR is 192.168.1.5 and when you simply enter that you then are directed to 192.168.1.5/doc/page/login.asp?_numbercomibination this is correct and your NVR is doing what it should. After login/validation you would then be redirected again to 192.168.1.5/doc/page/preview.asp which is the liveview section.

1. Do you have an error within your port forwarding inside your network? Port forwarding should only be configured for routing from external to internal, are you sure your internal network isn't bouncing your around?
2. What browser are you using? Have you refreshed and cleared your history and cookies as this sounds possibly like a plugin issue.
3. Try another browser - again assuring this isn't a plug in issue
4. Resort to baseball bat and hit computer (I'm not responsible if computer hits back)