Hikvision and DgLux

essentialz

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm a little new to the IP Camera world, so please bear with me if my terminology is a little off. Basically I am trying to use DGLux to display feeds from various Hikvision Cameras. In Dglux I can take the stream URL and just attach it to an image component and it should work. However, hikvision wants me to login everytime the page is refreshed. It used to be that you could:

However that seems to have been deprecated and most browsers do not support authentication in the prefix for the URL. It always has a form that request username and password. I have tried various other methods and have been unsuccessful. So I decided to use postman and see if I could include the credentials in the header of a get request and obtain a stream. This worked:

test.PNG

However in dgLux i have no way of sending a get request to obtain a stream.

So my question is, is there a way to open a session with the camera, where i can send the login credentials and in turn be able to display the feed on a page? where the user wont need to login every single time the page is refreshed? What can I do?

essentialz

n3wb
Reaction score
Basically I would like to create a session, maybe obtain a session id and use that to open live video streams. We were able to do this feeding the cameras through blueiris but I feel there should be a way to do this directly without using 3rd part applications. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?