HIKVision and LTSecurity - HIK dumping LTS?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@john-ipvm

In my Facebook feed I just saw an article regarding HIK USA dropping LTSecurity as an authorized distributor/supplier. I have tried to locate any trace of this and have been unable to, but due to the fact that LTSecurity was never allowed to disclose they were a private label HIK dealer I'm not surprised.

I don't want to discount what IPVM does for this community so I'm not expecting you to open the entire article up for "Free" but I am curious due to the VERY large number of LTS users as well as integrators here if you would mind sharing some information on this story/article. I'm curious if this effects just them selling HIK hardware or if this effects there actual LTS branded hardware?

Thanks for all you do for this community both on IPVM and the industry as a whole.

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
@zero-degrees so LTS will continue to sell HIkvision products but only under the LTS brand. That is a reversal from the last 2 years where LTS sold both LTS branded Hikvision and Hikvision branded Hikvision.

For LTS / LTS users, it's business as usual. The good news if you are a budget buyer, is that Hikvision USA will be getting more price competitive with LTS, which may bring down overall pricing further. Make sense? Let me know if I can clarify further.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@zero-degrees so LTS will continue to sell HIkvision products but only under the LTS brand. That is a reversal from the last 2 years where LTS sold both LTS branded Hikvision and Hikvision branded Hikvision.

For LTS / LTS users, it's business as usual. The good news if you are a budget buyer, is that Hikvision USA will be getting more price competitive with LTS, which may bring down overall pricing further. Make sense? Let me know if I can clarify further.
Nope, totally clear! That is what I suspected. Anyone in the industry that understood/deployed/sold/interacted in any way with LTS was kinda scratching there head when LTS also started selling actual US HIK branded hardware, just never made sense.

Interested to see HIK actually become price competitive in this market.

Thanks again for sharing!!

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
HIK actually become price competitive in this market
That's funny but I know what you mean! The challenge for Hikvision (USA) will be to deal with its cost structure which is much much more expensive than LTS. That will be interesting to see and it's a bit surreal for Hikvision to be effectively competing against itself.