Hikvision and Synology - Preview but no connection

muhcrea

n3wb
Reaction score
long story short, friend is away working, his pregnant wife is home alone and was robbed, they want a camera up ASAP

I have had a good look around the forums here and I found this place after Googling around a lot.... forgive me if this is not for here or sounds dumb....

-He has a Synology NAS (from what I have read this is a bad start haha but it's all I have to work with)
-Hikvision 4MP Colourvue (DS-2CD2347G1-L)

I have successfully connected to the camera with my Win laptop. I have successfully connected to his Synology with my laptop. I have also successfully connected the Camera to the Synology Surveillance Station and logged in to it. I see the little preview of the live feed from the camera and everything.
HOWEVER, when I okay to close the connection Wizard back to the main screen in the surveillance station, it tries to connect and fails.

I have no idea what's wrong I have tried a few things I found online to no avail. I also tried to be sure the settings in the Hikvision camera matched the settings in the Synology Surveillance Station before closing the wizard, maybe I have missed something.

Really stuck and if any of you can help, I would really appreciate it. I'm sure it goes without saying, I am pretty much a noob.

Connection right now is:
Camera -----> Router <------ Synology

muhcrea

n3wb
Reaction score
Update
I tried all manner of video setting from low to high settings. I figured out that it worked as a MJPEG but nothing else. Any other video settings do not work (x264, x264, x264+, x265+) with defaults. I tried going through and see if I can set it to say x265, then one by one edit the other sub settings (FPS, bitrate, etc.) to see if I can get it. Done this will all settings and subsettings within reason to no avail.

THE SOLUTION - was to disable the audio entirely. Not something I really wanted but goddammit am I happy it's a solution!!