Hikvision backup format

Mattb83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, just a quick question really, my neighbour had an incident that luckily my cctv picked up really clearly so for the first time had to copy the footage onto a usb stick. The problem is the format... so it copied it in mp4 so I put it on my laptop and emailed it to her but she can’t watch it on her iPhone/iPad... so I changed it to AVI and still the same outcome. I ended up downloading a converter to change it to another type of mp4 that iPhone likes?? Anyone had any dealings with changing the format to a type that iPhone likes? I can go down the converter route next time but it crops the image so you can’t see the time etc...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
so for the first time had to copy the footage onto a usb stick.
Was it a lengthy clip?
Did you use the 'Download' facility from the web GUI Playback menu?
If so - that will be in the format as supplied by the camera to the NVR for storage.
If it's not too long a clip - you could try the 'Clip' tool in the web GUI Playback menu.
That will store it in the NVR's format, it might work differently.

Mattb83

n3wb
Reaction score
Was it a lengthy clip?
Did you use the 'Download' facility from the web GUI Playback menu?
If so - that will be in the format as supplied by the camera to the NVR for storage.
If it's not too long a clip - you could try the 'Clip' tool in the web GUI Playback menu.
That will store it in the NVR's format, it might work differently.
I just used the software on the hikvision nvr ds-7608. Saved the 90s clip and backed it up on a usb stick that I plugged into the front of the nvr. It gave me and option to save it as mp4 or AVI none of which worked on a iPhone... I managed to do it ok on the hik-connect app for iPhone but when your clipping 4 camera’s its a bit time consuming, easier if I could just do it from the nvr.

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi

I usually get the person reviewing the native recordings on HikConnect, you can share your machine on HikConnect temporarily for this function, it allows you to choose the permissions for the shared device.

Remember to remove the share after they have finished the review.