Hikvision Bullet Cam Extension Arm Technique

.Keith.

n3wb
Reaction score
I needed to extend my Hikvision bullet cam and "invented" this arm extension. This technique can probably be used on many other cams.

Parts required:
=> 3/4" Schedule 40 PVC pipe (cut to your desired length)
=> Two 3/4" PVC Table Screw Caps - Furniture Grade ( purchased at Formufit.com)
=> One 2.5" Acrylic Plastic (plexiglass) Round Sheet - 1/8" X 2.5" Circle ( purchased on eBay from member Partsforless1350 )
=> PVC cement.

The table screw caps have holes that align exactly with the holes in the Hikvision cam's wall-mount base.
The round acrylic plastic plexiglass circle was used to cover the cam's wall-mount base to keep moisture out. You'll need to carefully drill three holes in the plexiglass circle.
Since the PVC table screw caps have holes that align exactly to the cam's base, you do not need to redrill any holes into your home.

In the pic, the table screw caps are the parts mounted at each end of the PVC pipe.
The acrylic round circle is mounted between the cam's base and a table screw cap.

All-in-all, a simple extension arm for those who like DIY projects.

Attachments

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is a great solution! I might make one with a 90° right angle in the PVC to go around a corner. Thanks for sharing.

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is very impressive wish Hikvision would just make one to make all our lives easier.

Jamil

.Keith.

n3wb
Reaction score
@.Keith. Could you post any photos of this installed? Would love to see it!
This is a pic of my installed extension arm. I had to reorient the cam to "peek" under a new driveway canopy. This pic shows the extension arm placed over a driveway lamp and "peeking" under the edge of of the driveway canopy. With PVC, any design is possible.Cam Extension Arm.jpg

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the photo! Does it seem solid in the wind? No camera movement to set off motion detection inadvertently?

Last edited:

.Keith.

n3wb
Reaction score
That’s for the photo! Does it seem solid in the wind? No camera movement to set off motion detection inadvertently?
So far, it's been rock solid with 35 mph winds this Spring and Summer.
It doesn't have much wind resistance. I don't expect to have any problems.
I'll find out more this winter! :)

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was planning to replicate your invention so I ordered the 3/4” table caps from formufit, but when they arrived and I held them up to my camera mount, they’re smaller and the holes don’t line up.

What model is your bullet? Here’s a photo with the PVC table cap sitting on my Hikvision
DS-2CD2085FWD-I bracket.

.Keith.

n3wb
Reaction score
I was planning to replicate your invention so I ordered the 3/4” table caps from formufit, but when they arrived and I held them up to my camera mount, they’re smaller and the holes don’t line up.

What model is your bullet? Here’s a photo with the PVC table cap sitting on my Hikvision
DS-2CD2085FWD-I bracket.

My cams are all HIKVISION DS-2CD2032-I models.