Hikvision Bullets on Amazon

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"They are the multi-language ones. Which I do believe are chinese."

Is English an option for setup, etc.? The 2132 cams I bought from Amazon also support multiple languages. Thanks.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes English is an option for setup. I don't think you can upgrade the multi language firmware without it reverting to chinese. Maybe someone can tell us.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how do you telnet into these things? what setting do I use in putty? it wont let me log in. I cant find a telnet option in my camera either.
have a new 2332-i with 5.2.3 firmware.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The layout may of changed a bit in .3... but from memory when I tested it, I found the settings in the same place.

Putty or anything like it.. (I don't like putty, lol)

telnet ipaddress

root

password (that is the same as the admin password)

Attachments

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The layout may of changed a bit in .3... but from memory when I tested it, I found the settings in the same place.

Putty or anything like it.. (I don't like putty, lol)

telnet ipaddress

root

password (that is the same as the admin password)
that worked, thanks. checked language flag and = 1, woohooo, I got English version, yaaaaay.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hate to double post, but just realized what one of you asked. If telnet into the camera, there's a command, prthardinfo that displays the language flag, 2 for china, 1 for english. The example below is a china camera.

# prtHardInfo
Start at 2014-11-01 21:07:11
Serial NO :CMR-HD200-20-K20141008CCCHddddddddd
V5.1.6 build 140802
hardwareVersion = 0x0
hardWareExtVersion = 0x0
encodeChans = 1
decodeChans = 0
alarmInNums = 1
alarmOutNums = 1
ataCtrlNums = 0
flashChipNums = 0
ramSize = 0x4000000
networksNums = 1
language = 2
devType = 135170
SD status = 0 (1:noraml;0:none)
If you're right about this. Then I should be ok to upgrade the firmware. I bought several 2032's from a source on Ali and they all show a 1 for language.

I did however notice in sapd the english cams I bought on amazon the last 4 digits are different in the device serial number.
English last 4 digits: CCWR
Ali (China) last 4 digits: CCCH
As you notice the CCCH probably stands for Chinese Version.
So, what you think?
I don't believe I will be upgradeing the firmware on the CCCH cams. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So there are known fakes?
Not sure there are any fake hikvision. I've not seen them mentioned on the forums anyway.

Chinese firmware are not fakes and the hardware is the same, it is just a bit more of a hassle for us to deal with.

As far as box color is concerned, LTS inc (milkisbad thread) ship their cams in brown boxes and those are US firmware. They are not hikvision-branded, though, but fully legit cams, so I'd not put too much credence on brown or retail box for the cams, though maybe it does make a difference when ordering from china directly.

As already mentioned, you can permanently fix a chinese cam with that fix a guy around here offers. A couple months ago, though< i successfully upgraded a chinese region cam to 5.2.0 and it's still 100% english language available. That was using an approach mentioned in a large thread around here about firmware, but the short of it is there is 5.2.0 firmware you can apply against a chinese regiion hikvision and you will still have english. It did require tftp approach IIRC.

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Here is a direct link to the 2032 sold on Amazon by CCTVONE. As mentioned before, the one I purchased from them (and by others) was a US Camera with English firmware in a colored box.

http://www.amazon.com/Hikvision-DS-2CD2032-I-Outdoor-Bullet-Security/dp/B00G7GMEOG/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A2LZ6RSJUGKOVR

Current price is $122

By the time you pay $85 for a 2032 from AliExpress and then pay the money per cam for the "fix" that you are talking about - how much are you really saving? Plus with Amazon/CCTVONE you have 30 days to return it and delivery should only take 2 days

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Ya - I thought I had a direct link to CCTVONE, but it is not, sorry

CCTVONE is currently selling - if you click on the "22 new" at the bottom of the listing and then on the listing page - select PRIME only and down in the $122 range you will see them

Attachments

Bow94z

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought my first Hik on Amazon in 2013 from CCTVone and was a Geniune US 2132 dome. I ordered another off amazon after I was happy with the first one. I eneded up getting it from HDsecuritystore on Amazon. I received in plain white box. Logged into them and there was no sign of Hikvision. HDsecuritystore kept telling me it was a Hikvision. Well it actually was a "generic" Winic camera. Not a Hikvision. This dome had terrible IR glare

there was a time on Amazon last year when a lot of people were receiving these fakes instead of the real Hikvisions.

i am not sure if Anyone had the success like I had. I complained to Amazon asking how is this situation any different then selling fake rolex's on the street. I never got a response to that message, but rather I got my response when I saw a $180 credit back on my credit card. I was never asked to return it either.

Geneyus

n3wb
Reaction score
I ordered two of the "English version" (hopefully) Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I cams on Amazon for $100 shipped from Hong Kong. They've been sitting there in my orders with "Preparing for shipment" for a week now. One of them was supposed to ship on the 17th (5 days ago), and Amazon sent me an email alerting me to that and said they don't know why it hasn't shipped. I don't know what's going on, but I'm about to cancel them and get the $120 cameras with an exact delivery date. The $20 savings isn't worth the hassle of getting something a month later from Hong Kong. My Hikvision DS7604 NVR was delivered in less than a week from when I ordered it. I think it came from Ohio or somewhere in the US.

Edit: I just saw on another website that the Chinese New Year is from February 13th-27th, so they aren't shipping anything during that time frame. That explains a lot.

Last edited by a moderator: