Hikvision camera picture download Windows ISAPI utility... downloads pictures from SD card ready for timelapse

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
howdy... I created this utility program using Visual Studio... it downloads .jpg pictures from the SD card in Hikvision cameras... it's helpful if the camera is not easy to reach to remove the card... if anyone is interested in trying it, I have attached a zipped-up file...

Screenshot 2024-03-05 201151.png

PLEASE USE LATEST VERSION AT END OF THREAD!

Attachments

Last edited:

n3wb
Reaction score
Sometimes it works but only the last 3 days. Sometimes it doesnt work, the connection breaks.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @14179 ... thanks for trying! It works very reliably over here... I'm not quite sure what you mean by "only the last 3 days" ... if you would provide more details or a screenshot of the problem, I will definitely assist... Thanks again for trying it out!!!

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sometimes it works but only the last 3 days. Sometimes it doesnt work, the connection breaks.
Hi @14179 ... I think I found the problem you had... got the same result as you when downloading over a slower Wi-Fi network... I had the http requests set to timeout in 1 second (for no good reason) ... I have changed the timeout to 15 seconds... I have also changed the way GMT/UTC hours offset defaults, so it accounts correctly for daylight savings time... V1.1 is attached here...

PLEASE USE LATEST VERSION AT END OF THREAD!

Attachments

Last edited: