Hikvision camera with SD card

andymar

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible to view these type of camera online without an NVR please

andymar

n3wb
Reaction score
With either, thinking put extra two camera indoor, but my NVR is full is why was asking, seen somewhere that they only be used with NVR .

Don't want to waste cash buying them and they don't work.

Is there anywhere on that will have a guide on some of them please

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there anywhere on that will have a guide on some of them please
The normal Hikvision cameras (excluding doorbells) are all accessible using a web browser, a Hikvision app on a phone or PC or Android box.
You could experiment with what works best for you by taking one of your existing cameras off the NVR (I'm assuming it's on an NVR PoE port, and powering it separately on the LAN, after giving it a LAN IP address.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They can record to both SD card and NVR. You can view the recorded SD footage without NVR. Accessing it online can be either through the HIKVISION p2p function or you can setup a VPN to access your cameras on the home network.

andymar

n3wb
Reaction score
The normal Hikvision cameras (excluding doorbells) are all accessible using a web browser, a Hikvision app on a phone or PC or Android box.
You could experiment with what works best for you by taking one of your existing cameras off the NVR (I'm assuming it's on an NVR PoE port, and powering it separately on the LAN, after giving it a LAN IP address.

Yes, but I was hoping to add two separate, as I didn't want to move any of the other, or purchase a 16 channel, as for me would be a waist

andymar

n3wb
Reaction score
Not many let you try, would have to purchase one first try , return if I can no get too work

DavidR1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alastairstevenson was suggesting temporarily trying one of the cameras you already own - disconnected from your NVR - to see what the experience would be like, assuming you have one that currently has an SD slot. By temporarily disconnecting it from your NVR and running it directly on your network, you get to simulate what it would be like to have a stand-alone camera, before spending any additional money. Then, if you’re happy with the functionality a stand-alone camera offers, you could go and buy the two extra cameras you want and reconnect the camera used for testing to its original location on your NVR.

andymar

n3wb
Reaction score
Alastairstevenson was suggesting temporarily trying one of the cameras you already own - disconnected from your NVR - to see what the experience would be like, assuming you have one that currently has an SD slot. By temporarily disconnecting it from your NVR and running it directly on your network, you get to simulate what it would be like to have a stand-alone camera, before spending any additional money. Then, if you’re happy with the functionality a stand-alone camera offers, you could go and buy the two extra cameras you want and reconnect the camera used for testing to its original location on your NVR.

Sorry didn't read correctly, all my camera are fully wired , been honest not sure if they have SD in them, as never looked before