Hikvision camera?

ziemowitp

n3wb
Reaction score
Over the years I had a few Hikvision cameras and they worked pretty good. I bought a Jennov P87WM85-20X-EAS in hopes it'll work just as good as I couldn't find a Hikvision equivalent. On the camera there is a sticker it says it's an M-series PS6006 as well as code P87WM85-30X-EAS so I am not sure about the model number.

Looking at the UI it looks very similar to my Hikvision devices down to the menu options. My high hopes came crashing as most of the UI doesn't work:

• Can't turn off person detection
  • Can't connect to NFS
  • I don't see how Zoom is 20x or even 30x (as the sticker model number suggests)
  • Factory reset doesn't work always or it doesn't reset everything
  • UI doesn't always save changes

Hardware seems okay but my guess the firmware is very hacked. Does anyone have firmware for the camera or other recommendations?

ziemowitp

n3wb
Reaction score
I did some research:

This is a PTZ 4818X-IZ camera. It's running a Hikvision server and web UI but does not actually work very well. I flashed a different firmware to the camera and now it has focus issues. So this is not a Hikvision camera after all. Decent hardware from what I can tell but terrible software. I wonder who is the real manufacturer.

ziemowitp

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm going to post more information here in case anyone is ever looking. Looking at a description of the camera on AliExpress I see it's running MSTAR338Q+IMX415. So MSTAR338Q is the controller with Sony IMX415 image sensor. Here it is the full description:

It appears to be made by CCDCAM and rebranded as Dahua and Hikvision compatible but holy hell is it broken. The web UI is the same as shown in the manual. I wish they just gave out the source code.

AR15__Fan

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out anything more on the UI? I just bought one of these off of ebay, they are calling it a P87HM85-30XZ-EA. Pretty sure it is the same camera, only real issue I have with it is that it refuses to let me shut the lights off. I set the light control to manual and the brightness to 0% OFF but they are still on. janky FW strikes again. I tried the phone app "videolink" and it refuses to work right either. I have changed the default password on my camera, but the app would only log in with the default "123456"password. Just figured I would mention that.

The link to mine:

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm going to post more information here in case anyone is ever looking. Looking at a description of the camera on AliExpress I see it's running MSTAR338Q+IMX415. So MSTAR338Q is the controller with Sony IMX415 image sensor. Here it is the full description:

It appears to be made by CCDCAM and rebranded as Dahua and Hikvision compatible but holy hell is it broken. The web UI is the same as shown in the manual. I wish they just gave out the source code.
Wow... a Chinese fake of a Chinese camera :)
Why anyone is buying something like this?

PS. Hik/Dahua don't release source code - so someone taken decrypted firmware from some HIK PTZ camera and modified binary code to work on this hardware... or mixed different parts of binary files from firmwares of different camera models to match hardware..

ziemowitp

n3wb
Reaction score
I found the following firmware on the internet:

PTZ-4818X-IZ_AF_V103-A V5.9.1_210420 build 2021-04-20

This appears to work better than the one that came with the camera originally. My major issue is that it doesn't record via network (NFS) and RTSP stream doesn't seem to work very well. That said, the IMX415 image sensor is pretty good and Zoom works great after resetting the PTZ controller.

AR15__Fan

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the issue with the new firmware in regards to rtsp streaming? Does it not work at all?

ziemowitp

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the issue with the new firmware in regards to rtsp streaming? Does it not work at all?
Doesn't work every time I try to access it via VLC. Using Hikvision iVMS is much more reliable.

I also noticed there is a more updated firmware:

firmware_MC800S_V3-A-H5_V3.3.0.1_STARC_202312071407

But it doesn't support PTZ functionality and NFS is still broken.