Hikvision Cameras Dropping Out

Steevo789

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a Hikvision NVR connected (via two bridges) to two pairs of HIkvision cameras.

I cannot make head or tail of it, but for some reason the cameras seem to drop out and stop recording for a while, and then after a while (could be a minute, could be a day or so) start recording once more.

First off I thought it was the wireless bridges playing up, but now I'm starting to wonder whether there's more to it than that because both cameras in a pair don't always go down together and for the same time.

I wondered if anyone on here might be able to help me shed some light on what it causing this please.

Are there any simple test procedures I can follow through?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you confirmed that the RJ45 jacks were properly installed on the cable?
They need to be installed based on the 568a or 568b standard.

1676309202638.png

ElRolo

n3wb
Reaction score
What type of camera is it? the colorvu? Do they stop recording, or shut down and reboot? I read some of issues with the 2347/2387 colorvu (myself included). Did a mega trial and error check with cable, NVR, fimware etc and nothing worked. It started with a firmware update

ElRolo

n3wb
Reaction score
I think there is a bad batch, or a problem deep in the firmware. For me it started when I changed the firmware a few times beacause I wanted to keep the "light on at alarm function" . Last thing I tried is a few "restore" sessions (factory default exept network settings). Fore some people this solved the issue, for me just a day. Now I have a few drops a day, when using default parameters. When I change to H265, or change the light/WDR it increases.

My log just says "alarm, or exception

Steevo789

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, that's interesting to know. I'm currently running FW V5.7.3 build 220112

ElRolo

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried all of them, for me without results. Now I'm running the most recent V5.7.12 build 221201. Beware that you can't rollback after you installed V5.7.11