Hikvision cameras noise

xchristty

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm new to this forum but I hope that I will find an answer to my problem.
I have installed a surveillance system Hikvision, composed of DVR iDS-7104HQHI-M1/S and 4 cameras DS-2CE17DOT-LFS, power source of 12V 10A, through UTP5 cables and video baluns.
All good, but I have a permanent audio noise on live view and recorded videos, and also some lines during the night with IR. Attached two example videos. What is wrong?
Thank you!
View attachment curte.mp4
View attachment lines.mp4

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What exactly is the "power source of 12V 10A" ?

I ask because perhaps there is poor filtering on the DC output. Is the power supply located a great distance from the DVR and the baluns that are at the rear of the DVR?

Is the power supply case and DVR case properly grounded to earth? By each unit's 3-prong plug or by other means?

xchristty

n3wb
Reaction score
The power source is a SMPS 12V 10A, picture attached. The power source is on the same table with the DVR and balun connectors. The power and DVR are grounded to the earth by 3 prong plug. Is it possible to eliminate the sound noise and lines on the video by adding a ground loop isolator to each camera?
power.jpg

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You’ve got a cat highway there! Maybe check if the cables are going over light ballasts or are running parallel against power lines. Can also try different baluns.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
If you must cross power lines, do so only at a right angle. When parallel try to stay no closer than 3 feet.
Is it possible to eliminate the sound noise and lines on the video by adding a ground loop isolator to each camera?
I'd try on 1 cam first or at the very least, try @ludshed 's suggestion about trying a pair of different baluns.

xchristty

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you both for suggestions, i'll try to have some space between wires or better baluns. Also will try to add ground loop.

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Isolate video from high voltage cables can be problem, but also same grounding for camera can cause this aswell.

If you have any 12v 1A around put 1 camera on it and see if problem persists. I have seen people have that problem when using centralized PS