Hikvision Clear password through serial console without flashing firmware

mastec

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I would like to know if there is any command that can be used via serial console, to clear the password of Hikvision devices , without having to flash the firmware. Something like Dahua´s "clearcfg".
Also if someone has the complete list of commands that can be used via console, I will happly apreciate it.

Thanks a lot

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
upf
it clean config with recover firmware from tftp
1st file download, check, and erace cfg, data, write image.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Also if someone has the complete list of commands that can be used via console, I will happly apreciate it.
Each model of camera and NVR, and also depending on the u-boot version in use when the device was manufactured, often has a quite different set of available 'useful' commands, so it's not easy to generalise.

Quite a useful targeted command that sometimes exists is 'erase' as one of the arguments is for configuration only.
But as @iTuneDVR suggests, using the tftp updater to re-apply the same firmware is the common method of resetting.
Assuming a valid firmware copy is available.

mastec

n3wb
Reaction score
Each model of camera and NVR, and also depending on the u-boot version in use when the device was manufactured, often has a quite different set of available 'useful' commands, so it's not easy to generalise.

Quite a useful targeted command that sometimes exists is 'erase' as one of the arguments is for configuration only.
But as @iTuneDVR suggests, using the tftp updater to re-apply the same firmware is the common method of resetting.
Assuming a valid firmware copy is available.
Thanks @alastairstevenson I had allready tried with erase, but I will try again. And for the command list, is there anyway to get available commands from command line ? And if not, wich are the most "command" commands on hikvisions Uboot .

and as for @iTuneDVR as I stated on the first post, I know how to do it Flashing firmware, but I wanted to know if there was a command just to Restore to Factory settings.

Thanks a lot

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
is there anyway to get available commands from command line ?
Using
help
or
?
will list most, but not always all, available commands.
Then to get command arguments the method varies, such as
help <command>
or
<command> -h

I had allready tried with erase
That should work, if the command parameter is correct, such as
erase cfg