Hikvision client iVMS4200

harleyfart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know what this installation error means?

error: "sadp_npf failed to install. Please close related program and try again"

I am getting this error on Win 8.1 Lenovo PC and a Win 7 PRO Acer laptop [AMD CPU].

Errors caused by new firmware "upgrade". HUGE mistake.

Thank you for taking time to read post, and, maybe respond!

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The firmware on the recorder should have nothing to do with the client software failing to install on the computers, regardless of how many. That message is telling you that the program is still running in some fashion. Check for a dog icon in the system tray (lower right corner) and open task manager and make sure that it's not running in your list of running processes. Restart if all else fails. You probably already tried that, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harleyfart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The firmware on the recorder should have nothing to do with the client software failing to install on the computers, regardless of how many. That message is telling you that the program is still running in some fashion. Check for a dog icon in the system tray (lower right corner) and open task manager and make sure that it's not running in your list of running processes. Restart if all else fails. You probably already tried that, though.

Man, if that doesn't beat all. Watchdog was running, but eliminating it did not end in a success install of the client. I had to unload the backup software completely.

So, order of installation AFTER a "firmware update" is: Install the iVMS4200 client first & Remote Net Backup last. After that, I would install tools for the client. Really bizarre when one discovers that Hikvision cameras require that you use the SADP tool...but, then IP cams don't use iVMS4200...they use iVMS4500 HD. So, there you have it. Looks like all I need to figure out now is the remote access....I'm going to play with the NAS as redundant storage a bit more. If I can manage that, I can set NAS up to be accessed via a cloud service....and get to the files that way...

harleyfart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision Error Code 302: Apparently is assigned to network connectivity. I was running client iVMS4200 on both a Win 8.1 and Win 7 Pro box simultaneousy when both Live Views went black and displayed the message: "Blah, blah, blah, camera is disabled or not connected. [302]"

Not sure what the issue is, but DVR monitor still shows cams to be working. Really bizarre crap out of this DVR for the past 48 hours...ready to sling the damned thing as far as I can while standing at water's edge of the lake.

harleyfart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK...further investigation yielded that the DVR config setting in Network had been reset to DHCP. I have absolutely no idea how that happened - it was not initiated by me.

That said, I think now that it would be safe to bet on Error Code 302 having to do with "target not found as specified", when trying to access the DVR over the network.

Last edited by a moderator:

harleyfart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Managed to get the client installed on the Win 8.1 box. Haven't played with the laptop any since prob encountered.

Will provide update if I get a resolution on the laptop.

harleyfart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Laptop Resolution:
iVMS4200 v2.4.1.3 install consistently generates an error message of: "sadp_npf failed to install. Please close related program and try again". Decided tS4200 v2.02. Successful installation of the v2.02 client.

Basic install tweaks and current camera images being displayed.

SO, it appears latest version of iVMS4200 won't install properly on Acer laptop, but prior version works just fine. No logic at all for this in my mind but it is what it is..

harleyfart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Resolved issue by deleting and re-installing previous version of client software...works just fine. Apparently, after upgrading firmware on DVR, every device that you once used to monitor the DVR prior to the "upgrade", must have the client software re-installed...in that I am not a programmer, I have no idea why...

harleyfart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This thread can be deleted in case an admin cruises through....

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's not how it works and I cannot explain why the latest version was not able to work for you, but firmware version and client software version are not interrelated. The only way they are even remotely interrelated is if you purchase a bleeding edge recorder and plan to use very obsolete software. It may be lacking in features and may flat out not be compatible because of the age difference. Regardless, you got everything working, so leave it go. And in any case, congrats!

harleyfart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's not how it works and I cannot explain why the latest version was not able to work for you, but firmware version and client software version are not interrelated. The only way they are even remotely interrelated is if you purchase a bleeding edge recorder and plan to use very obsolete software. It may be lacking in features and may flat out not be compatible because of the age difference. Regardless, you got everything working, so leave it go. And in any case, congrats!

Yes, sir! I'm ecstatic right now! NAS is recording redundantly as well as transcoding all video recorded on each cam to the NAS, to 1080P resolution, per each cam file. I'm going to set up a PC in back room, with several HDDs, and PCNVR to see if I can do redundant recording to the box as well....if successful, I'll relieve the NAS of its duties and monitor box remotely.

And, thank you for all of your input. I'm always looking for new understanding.

BTW...if you are an admin, there are several of these threads that I started that can be deleted....or is that something I can do?

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
always welcome. I love to help, feedback that something went right is a worthwhile reward.

I am not, but leave the threads go. Duplicates or not, they'll fall into oblivion, just like the other parts of the internet. It's about the only place you can get away with littering without recourse.