Hikvision Cube Camera Mounting Option

isuee94

n3wb
Reaction score
I wanted to share a few pictures of how I ended up routing the Ethernet cable to my Hikvision cube camera (DS-2CD2432F-I). I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this, but I hadn't seen any good examples, so I wanted to put this out there if it might help someone else. When our house was being built, I ran a cable to where I wanted the camera mounted and the drywallers pulled the cable through a hole in the drywall. I wanted a wife approved way to route the cable cleanly so I modified the mounting base for the camera to allow the cable to come through the mounting base.

On the back of the mounting base, there are four rubber feet. I took one of the feet out and found that the hole was just the right size for a Cat6 cable. I drilled out the hole to go through the mounting base and voila, a place to route the cable. Now I just wish I would have used a white cable.

IMG_2401.JPG

IMG_2402.JPG

IMG_2413.JPG

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
My wife disapproves all cams indoors, except baby cam... but clean setup!

isuee94

n3wb
Reaction score
Probably more like an 8. I need to cut the end off, put some white heat shrink tube over the cable and out a new and on. Then I think I would get a 9.5.